What Prices for a 2000 S8

swimfanuk

I am considering changing my S8 and would be interested in what prices you think it my be worth, its a 2000 S8 with 56,000 miles FSH all Audi except one in a few years ago, last serviced by Audi in January 2010, MOT to January 2011, Audi extended warranty until Janurary 2011. Only had one owner prior to me and is in excellent condition. Colour is Quartz metalic. Options include glass sunroof, sun blinds and tyre pressure monitoring. Include an S8 private plate. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Auction prices would be significantly lower obviously, this car has particularly low mileage and an Audi warranty. I know some S8s recently with no Audi warranty with slightly more mileage that have sold for the £8-9k mark. Its just about finding the right buyer. I think the Audi warranty and low mileage easily justify the premium over some on sale right now.

Edited by SINGH

the Audi warrenty is only worth a grand on top, unless, of course, you use it. I would have said that the price would have maybe been used for a Final Edition model of the same mileage and history, after all, it is coming up for 11 years old ( most of the Audi blokes I knew to kick about with wouldn't touch them with barge poles! they would touch older VW's though) Says something about your product when your own mechanics won't own them for you. I have been happy to sell my audis at auction and see the dealers give it a miss to let the private buyers run at it. It is all the same, either someone wants it or you get stuck with it. last two times got a good price for them.

I am seriously thinking of owning an S8 this time as it is the only one I haven't owned - thinking of keeping this one in the barn under a sheet like in the movies just to unwrap go for a ride when time permits. The wife will nick it to go to work in everyday probably just to show me that I don't actually own anything exclusively.

Thanks for a timely thread.

Glass guide lists the retail value of this car at £7850 (2000 model with 56k). However you never get a D2 S8 with an Audi warranty and like you said its worth £1k. I personally would be quite happy to pay £8k for this car, I think its a fair price. There is nothing else like it on the market in terms of miles and warranty.

Good Luck when searching for your S8, the final editions aren't all that! The 02s just before the final edition spec is the one to go for. I've seen a final edition without Blinds! Don't let the mechanics scare you off, any good mechanic should be able to work on an S8 just as well as a VW Passat. +++

I agree- hold out for the price - some cars just transcend their quoted supposed valuations.A reallt serious enthusiast will have looked around at all the 2000 S8's available, and there never are all that many (remember this was a car only "built against a firm order"), so your car.with it's impeccable history and attractive mileage. will attract a peak premium I would think -it also depends on the situation and availability of model at the time some one is looking- daft as it sounds -I wouldn't be interested in selling mine, which has done a lot more miles,for 8.5K.simply because I like the car so much,don't need the money,and couldn't replace the car with anything else I liked as much without spending a lot more money,so .as far as the market is concerned, that makes your car an absolute bargain! - nowadays, a 2000 S8 is likely to be bought by either a knowledgeable enthusiast, or someone who'se accidentally stumbled upon the mark and model as the performance/luxury/.stealth deal of the century-the latter will go for the "most bang for his bucks" i.e the cheapest, never mind the provenance -the former will go for the best he can get, never mind the cost.

• 2 weeks later...

How does Audi's warranty scheme work? Can it be extended by any new owner?

I'd say a warranty is only going to increase in value as the car ages (and so I guess more things are likely to fail), so the value is higher to a potential purchaser if he/she can keep it???