Newbie! does sline front bumper fit B6 s4 cabrio also retro fit Nav?

Frankym3

Hi all, im a newbie on here, interested in an s4 cabrio as a replacement for my e46 m3 as theyr'e getting to be such good value!

Was wondering if someone could help me? Love the class of the S4, but do feel that it lacks a little in the chin department on the front bumper! Wondered if anyone knows if the B6 A4 s line gmbh front lower bumper will fit on a B6 S4 cabrio, as I think it would finish the look of the car of brilliantly? Have searched everywhere on the net for this and can only find crappy looking kits for the s4 cabrio and would only really want genuine Audi? If it will fit, does anyone know of anyone who has done this mod and any pics? Also will the door blades from the saloon fit too, I assume the cabrio doors would be much longer so maybe not?

Also, cant find many S4 cabrios with Nav/TV, can it be simply and reasonably cheaply retro fitted, is it worth it?

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you all! Franky!:)

Not sure about the bumper changing, but the nav can be quite simple to retrofit if you get a car with a double DIN stereo. If you get a car with a single DIN stereo, then you would need to do quite a bit of work to swap the single DIN cage for a double, and I think you also need to cut bits of the dash. There should be a load of guides around which tell you how to do this.

If you have the choice though, go for a car with double DIN stereo... makes the retrofit a hell of a lot easier!!

hi mate, no it doesnt. s-line on the b6 cab didnt include a compatible front bumper and the saloon one doesnt fit.

retrofit of sat nav is straightforward. if you have audi symphony its cheaper/easier as you dont need to swap the aircon unit.

I think you also need to cut bits of the dash.

No cutting of the dash involved. If you get a car with a double DIN radio (e.g. Symphony II) there's no mechanical mods needed, but if you get a single DIN you'll need to replace the radio cage with a double DIN one and trim the sides of the climate control panel (it needs to mount further down which means it has to be a few mm narrower).

Loads of people (thousands worldwide) have done the sat nav upgrade, see Audi Forum

hi mate, no it doesnt. s-line on the b6 cab didnt include a compatible front bumper and the saloon one doesnt fit.

retrofit of sat nav is straightforward. if you have audi symphony its cheaper/easier as you dont need to swap the aircon unit.

Thanks for all the replies! Your own Cabrio looks Class by the way! Can the lower part be modified to fit, they look identical, or would it be too much hassle!?

If not are there any after market front bumpers, which wouldn't look overly "modified" if you know what I mean!, just want something to square off the front, nice and subtle so a full kit wouldnt be required!? Cheers again!

To enhance the look of the S4's chin, a lot of people add the chin spoiler from the Leon Cupra-R or the Golf R32, like this:

View topic - Front Splitter Recommendations :: RS246.com :: The World's #1 Audi R, S and RS Enthusiast Website

Thanks for that! Dosent actually look too bad! Any pics of one on a B6 though? It wouldnt look cheap on? Makes me think of my GSi nova when I was 19 (Unfortunately many years ago!) with the Laguna front splitter a wee bit! Now that didnt look good... looking back!