b6/b7 bumpers/s-line conversion

jbcalvin

Morning guys,

Quick question, I have a 2003 B6 tdi quattro avant sport but I am loking to upgrade the bodywork to s-line type, I know some of the parts from the b7 are the same such as the side skirts and sills..

However, will a B7 RS4 bumper fit without any mods?

Plus if anyone has or knows anyone with any s-line parts for sale, pm me please!

Cheers

Steve

Iirc one of the tuning companies made a kit to change a b6 to b7 rs4 front end. It involved a custom-made fibreglass bumper and some sort of bonnet extension I think. Not the most elegant solution but I guess it works if you know a good bodyshop.

ETA:- kit is made by Hofele and you are looking at 4 figures for parts alone

Edited by eldavo69

Ok, sorry for any confusion over this one guys,

I am aware that B6/B7 front bumpers are not inter-changeable, they are completely different, what I am trying to work out is whether the side skirts/rear bumpers can be swapped straight over without mods????

Other than that, can anyone advise where I would be able to get a full s-line kit from other than a stealer, I am aware that both votex and Abt did kits for these cars as well, in fact I think the Abt kits could be specced from dealers, however the Abt website doesn't even mention the B6 model anymore....

Cheers again

Steve

I'd say that the rear bumper wouldn't line up as the rs4 has flared arches so it will be made to line up with these. There's a full fibreglass conversion from B6 to B7 RS4 on eBay including front wings and rear flares at the moment. Yours for £1250 and then a lot of bodyshop time. Again, hofele do a rear rs4 bumper, just the lower section that bonds onto the upper part which blends with the wings.

only side skirts will fit from a b7. The options you have are votex(very hard to source as they are discontinued) maybe ebay but there are a lot of people after them. or the audi sline front and rear bumpers and the door blades from a donor b6. I have just bought the front lower sline valance and a seat cupra r lower front splitter to fit to my standard upper.Sourcing parts is a nightmare as there are a lot! of people after them, expect to pay premium prices even for second hand;)

sorry should just say that door blades from a b7 will also fit nicely

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay ive been a little busy, firstly a B7 rear bumper will not fit as its the area around the rear lights that is different, ive been busy fitting a front sline lower to my original bumper and then adding a lower cupra r splitter, photos hopefully here

before

post-31869-137914454619_thumb.jpg

after

post-31869-137914454624_thumb.jpg

the cupra r splitter part number is 1ML 805 903 and costs around £25 from seat including vat, worth the effort i think it took all day saturday and a couple of hours sunday to do trickiest part was getting my newly constructed grills to sit correctly.

the splitter took around 15mins to fit but i did have the bumper off the car. On the car it would probably take longer. i used bolts straight through the sline lower to attach it as i dont want it to fly off unexpectadly.

just got to source a rear avant lower with twin cut outs now, anyone have one for sale?

Edited by swarcp

• 2 weeks later...