My next other bike?

SneakyMcC

I'd take the Honda over the Kwacker any day. The Honda will keep running but the kwak will fall apart one day.

Depends on what you want it for. If it is 2 up touring stuff maybe the CBR will be better than the VFR being bigger and with more grunt. But the VFR is brilliant at what it does too. I'd go for a 98ish VFR800 (non VTEC). Perfect.

I'd take the Honda over the Kwacker any day. The Honda will keep running but the kwak will fall apart one day.

Depends on what you want it for. If it is 2 up touring stuff maybe the CBR will be better than the VFR being bigger and with more grunt. But the VFR is brilliant at what it does too. I'd go for a 98ish VFR800 (non VTEC). Perfect.

whats the poop with the non-vtec? Are there reliability issues?

i'd need a 'kin big aerial for that

:-D

he keeps stealing my lines. I've told him about that...

The VTEC is totally reliable some people dont like it. It basically switches to 4 valve operation at 7000rpm so there's a step in the power. Also I believe the service bills are steep. The Non vtec bike is a cracker though and subtsantially cheaper. Both bikes are good bikes though and arguably better than that jelly-mould CBR1000F

The non-VTEC Viffers have a very loyal following.

Try here for the full low down : Honda VFR Club - Powered by vBulletin

I had a VTEC for a month or so and didn't like the step up in power although I was told this was coz it wasn't balanced properly. It was only 200 miles old (a loaner) and apparently they are correct from the factory. The other thing I hated was if you touch the throttle whilst it's on automatic choke, the revs would jump straight up to 4-5k rpm which wasn't good when leaving home at 05:30.