Achtung ! Das German GP thread.

theduisbergkid

Lewis will be happy with that, unlike Jensen who had another bad day.

Let's hope they both do well tomorrow.

Hope they do, been driving taking the family on hoilday today so had to miss quali this time (gutted) hope for a good race tomorrow as Mclaren are usually stronger on the Sunday! +++

I enjoyed the race, it wasn't spectacular but enjoyed the way they used different strategies. Could have gone 3 different ways in the end but Mclaren got the last stop right and it was all done and dusted. Great overtake from LH on Alonso after the pitstop, probably won him the race. Strange that SV looked very average today. Massa and his crew gifted him their place, Massa was so cautious. Will be interesting to see how RedBull go in Hungary on Sunday

I thought it was a top race* (and not just being a Mclaren and Hamilton supporter) plenty of over taking going on, and not in the DRS zone, lots of different pit stop strategies and of course Lewis showing that he really is a world champion with a great re-take on Webber and overtake on Alonso!

Roll on Sunday!

*obviously Vettel has the championship done and in the bag already this year but still good to watch!

Strange name, even for a Scottish lass. :P

I suppose Lewis is back to demigod status now, after one win. This is where we learn whether he can learn his lessons - keep the attacking approach without it always ending in contact.

Hungary with DRS is a scary thought - I reckon we'll see at least one collision at turn one after DRS is enabled.

I think the car just isn't as far ahead of the competition as it was, I still think it's the quickest car out there so either he's suffering a loss of confidence or he's not quite the driver everyone thought he was. Reminds me a bit of Button a couple of years back, looked unbeatable until the car didn't have a massive advantage over the rest then started tailing off and clinging onto it until the end.

Could it simply be a case of wanting to win his home Grand Prix too much? Didn't get the pole position quali. lap and fluffed the start. Jenson's been doing that all season. Think we'll see the Vettel of a few weeks ago again this weekend. Pole, win, but not boring +++