The Caterham Build

patently

Have you fixed the Golf after you panned it? :roflmao:

Bloody hell, I fixed it over last winter. Had some bloody great trackdays in it this year, including surprising some very expensive toys at Donington and Cadwell.

Apparently it sounds "awesome", or so I'm told on a driveby from the pit wall. I really need someone else to drive it down the pit straight at Silverstone or Donington for me so I can hear for myself :D

Orange slings are 10 tonne SWL and blue are 8 tonne SWL. And yours are neither :roflmao:

Caterham ask for 150kg rating... the tow-rope is rated to 2 tonnes. It seemed to work ok. The hoist is only certified to 2 tonnes, and was at its 500kg setting in any case...

Appreciate the concern for my well-being, though. :grin:

Caterham ask for 150kg rating... the tow-rope is rated to 2 tonnes. It seemed to work ok. The hoist is only certified to 2 tonnes, and was at its 500kg setting in any case...

Appreciate the concern for my well-being, though. :grin:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if it falls on your foot :D

I just like being a nerd nerd_001.gif

edit - and technically, it's a manual portable jib crane, not a hoist :bike:

Edited by Milo

I have this week off (apart from tomorrow), then I'm back at work next week, then I'm off for the week after (workload permitting).

At the moment, it's looking promising to have it finished by the end of the second week off. They need 2 weeks notice if I want them to organise the SVA test for me, so I'll have a think over the weekend and see where I've got to.

Once you've built it, go right the way back through every step and check and double check what you've done (you're probably doing this after each step anyway). It'll be that one daft little thing that you thought you'd done and find out you haven't that risks putting a spanner in the works +++

Wise words. Or, I could just get really excited and zoom off down the road.... No, must be sensible!

Actually, Caterham do precisely this for free. It's called the "Post Build Check", you drop it at Caterham or one of their agents, and the car is checked to make sure you did it right. Will definitely be doing that.