iPhone 4S

Tipex

Had a 4S for a few weeks now, very happy with it, it's just like my old 3G only it works.

Can't honestly see the point in Siri though, especially as the the stock response appears to be 'can't get that info in the UK' although I understand that may be changing later in the year?

Couple of questions, is everyone else's ridiculously slow to charge? My 3G used to charge in under an hour from totally flat, the 4S seems to take around 4 hours from about 20% battery remaining, and the battery doesnt last any longer than on my 3G.

Why does it display the wrong phone number under 'My Number' in the phone book?

I've changed networks and ported my old number, but it still shows the temporary number.

Lastly, what the feck is the Nike thing for in settings? I don't have a Nike app?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The old number thing in the "My Number" happened to me as I ported over from O2 to 3. I can't remember what I did to correct it though, sorry :grin: Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I think the Nike+ stuff must be built in so it can link to a foot pod if you get one. Mine's switched off by default.

Are you charging from a PC or through a plug socket. I see very different times in these two. From a socket it takes about an hour and a half/ two hours ish.

Tried turning off and on yes, it doesn't really matter, it's just annoying.

Tried several methods of charging, plug socket, computer and TomTom car kit, all used to take an hour max on the 3G, will try the plug again when I get home just to make sure, as it wasn't completely flat last time.

The plug bit is about a third of the size of the old one though, maybe I should try the old plug.

That's coz iPhones and some BB's are power hungry hence why the comment on the extra power USB ports. There seems to generally only be one per PC. The other thing about the yellow/power USB ports is they can be set to be always on. i.e. shut down your laptop but still power the attached device.

I use Siri all the time. It's the best feature of the 4S by a mile for me.

I dictate emails, text messages, notes (lots of those) on it. I don't use it much for 'What's the weather like?' etc (mainly because I can look out of the window) or I'll just browse the web myself to a source I trust.

However, having stuck with Siri from the outset and got it well and truly honed to my voice, it's absolutely superb.

I use Siri all the time. It's the best feature of the 4S by a mile for me.

I dictate emails, text messages, notes (lots of those) on it. I don't use it much for 'What's the weather like?' etc (mainly because I can look out of the window) or I'll just browse the web myself to a source I trust.

However, having stuck with Siri from the outset and got it well and truly honed to my voice, it's absolutely superb.

Does it learn your voice? Or do you have to learn how to say things to Siri?

Personally, for short sentences it seems fine, but for anything longer it's quicker to type than correct all the mistakes.

I don't bother with Siri at all anymore. I tried dictating, but as soon as you pause for thought it thinks you're done and you have to keep telling it to add some more. The most useful use was phoning someone when it was freezing and I didn't want to take my gloves off. But then voice dialling was on the old ones anyway.