Paint Analysis ??

MGquattro

Hi Folks,

Had my car hit in a private carpark.. other driver drove off before I got there.:mad:

She is now denying hitting my car despite the event being caught on camera.

Her car was between my car and the camera at time of damage so you don't see my car move....

I do have paint transfer on my car..

So here's my question.

Is there anywhere I can get the paint transfer analysed or sampled......

The police aren't interested as it happened in a private carpark..

Please Help

M.

OH Yes my insurance co. is interested in the footage

Unfortunately by the time I was told by the car park security that I need to get my insurance co. to request the footage, there is a question mark as to wheather the footage is still available. Apparently I can't request the material it has to come from the insurance co. It just took 3 weeks for them to tell me this.....

There are 3 cameras looking at it and as far as I was concerned the footage should have been "Ring fenced" as soon as a request was made irrespective of where it came from.... Feet and the dragging of I think.........

So Just in case ...the only physical evidence the I have in my posession is the paint on my car...hence the question.....

Police forensic's arn't interested........

Any Ideas.......

M.

The police aren't interested as it happened in a private carpark.

What a crock of shite! So if I assault someone in a private car park I'll get away with it? A crime is a crime.

I suspect you'll have to cover the cost of doing it privately. I can't imagine that's cheap. :-(

Yep they talked about civil action as opposed to criminal .....bottom line they wern't interested :mad:

I pointed out that if I slashed someone's tyres in the car park they would have investigated so what was the difference.....

Problem is I can't find anywhere that will do paint analysis never mind about what it costs. :ffs:

So thats the question.....where can I get independent analysis carried out ?

Any suggestions.....

I pointed out that if I slashed someone's tyres in the car park they would have investigated so what was the difference.....

The difference is that it would be a criminal offence (criminal damage), hence it would be their bailiwick.

I appreciate this is going off topic, but when you say private car park, what/where do you mean? Is it actually a place where the public have access?

The fact is the Police do not always get it right on points of law. They're not lawyers and do not need to know the law in detail. Heck of they often get the easy stuff wrong! There are enough examples of that floating around that I would never take them at their word.

With regard to the slashing of tyres - how do we not know this wasn't malicious damage, but instead of using a knife she used her vehicle?

What if she'd reversed into a child? Saying no crime, other than a civil one, has been committed because the incident happened on private ground is just laziness on behalf of the Police.

Or, let the dust settle then key her car. Hey, private land - sue me! (make sure cctv doesn't catch it)

Edited by Sponge

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay ....

Just a wee update.....

Managed to get the CCTV material from security and sent it to my insurance Co. They passed it on to the other party's insurance who took one look at it and told me to go ane ghet my car fixed.

Took this **** 30 mins to get out of a car park space hit my car and drove into the railings twice in the process..... all at 1300 lunchtime....

They couldn't understand why she had denied it.....

M