Cal to Ducati

Cuprabob

Put yourself in his position. he's out of a ride next year and he has a (presumably) high paying high profile 2 year contract with Ducati as the only (probable) option on the table at this time... I know what I'd do. Take the money even if the bike is shite.

Another aspect is the distinct prospect that Marquez will win the next 10 MotoGP championships (if he fulfills his potential) .

Would have been nice to see him on a proper bike though. Cal on a works Yamaha would have been awesome but reality stinks sometimes....

Put yourself in his position. he's out of a ride next year and he has a (presumably) high paying high profile 2 year contract with Ducati as the only (probable) option on the table at this time... I know what I'd do. Take the money even if the bike is shite.

I hadn't thought about it like that, I'd forgotten all the talk about Pol Espargaro taking Cal's Tech 3 ride next year.

• 11 months later...

So is the Suzuki option off the table for Cal now?

I don't think he would have done anything there with them being newly back into the sport but it would have been another factory ride.  If he goes to LCR then I can see him matching his performances at Tech 3 - just have to hope that a year of being battered by the Ducati hasn't got inside his head.