Jay Leno in a McLaren P1

Mort

I don't like it at all. The 918 wins this hands down for me as an all rounder. Ferrari has the desirability. I'm sure Mclaren will be fastest but it it's ugly as ****, sounds like **** and I'm not really sure where it fits in to be honest. That said understand they are finally sold out now.

The 918 is too heavy though, very un Porsche. The Ferrari and McLaren are in a different world of performance

It is true it is heavy, but does not feel it on road or track apparently. What has to be remembered is with Porsche the test car has undergone 1m test miles already, I doubt the other two have done a tenth of that. The customers are g pigs. In addition the way the Porsche regenerates its power through braking and deceleration I understand is a class above the other two. This means it is recharging itself more of the time so there is less chance you will be 300bhp down than the other two! If this is true Porsche may have win this. Of course it's too early to tell.

I like the porsche and would be my choice because:

- it's the best looking

- 900bhp needs a clever 4wd system

- most reliable

- they will be doing upgrades through its life. Better batteries later may mean more power down the line.

- not turbo charged

- the cabin is a world nicer than the other two

- cab option nice, bit essential

- amazing dealer network

- unlike the other two could see myself spending a lot of time in it

the Ferrari will appreciate, I have my doubts on the success of the p1 and think the 918 will be the most usable and less likely to be a garage queen.

love the 918.

So have you put down a deposit then Wopps? It'd be an evil replacement for the GT3 RS. :devil:

Its too much money Rachel. No matter how much want I have in my bones close to £1m on a car is more than I'd ever feel comfortable with.

I may be wrong but I think Woppum now has a Ferrari 458

yes and very happy :)

• 1 month later...