Any good deals going?

CarMad

Dealers are very reluctant to move on price at the moment due to lack of stock in the used market and also the fact that they are working on thinner than usual margins as auction / dealer only online auction prices are incredibly high.

Cars are selling well again now so that is another reason that they are unwilling to move much on price.

That was my experience (coupled with non-aggresive bargaining on my part, admittedly) - they said they could find margin in my p/x ro reduce the overall cost to change but not in the price of the car itself and had to drop it already to shift 

The deal is done, after a poor start and lots of apologies I've done the deal. 

Got offered a good deal for mine and nothing off the new one. So might give it a test drive at the weekend and will probably pick it up next week sometime. 

530d GT M-Sport with a few toys it is then. 

• Like 6

The deal is done, after a poor start and lots of apologies I've done the deal. 

Got offered a good deal for mine and nothing off the new one. So might give it a test drive at the weekend and will probably pick it up next week sometime. 

530d GT M-Sport with a few toys it is then. 

Nice one CarMad +++ 

Yeah I was looking for something darker at first but when I saw this M-Sport version I think it suits it quite well.

I've got all of the standard kit the 530d comes with Prof Nav, Ambient Lights, Electric seats + heating etc. etc.

And with these as extras, Can't wait to replace those 20" tyres.... not.

• 20" Double-spoke style 303 M alloy wheel
  • DAB digital radio
  • Fine-wood trim ash grain anthracite
  • Reversing Assist camera
  • Sun protection glass

Nice one. There is one just like that at my gym. 

Does it have panoramic roof? Not sure on the latest model, but the older one (like mine) it was standard spec but not all had them?? How does that work then? I guess a no cost option to choose not to have it??

I hope the newer 20" wheels are less easy to kerb! 

Yeah. Although there is a 530d GT local to here doing the exec airport stuff.

My favourite local taxi is a 15 year old S320 CDI. Fecked really doesn't cover it.

Our local authority won't allow any cars over 9 years old to be licensed, and they make it a pain in the arse to keep a vehicle licensed once it's 7 years old, so nearly all the cabs here are under 7 years old.

I'd love to run a 520d M-Sport as a cab, but they just don't make sense, despite the excellent MPG, to get a BMW that looks any good, it'll come with ridiculously big wheels, and therefore expensive tyres that need changing every 3 months, and brake pads and discs always seem more expensive too.

I found this YouTube video, same as mine but I've got the M-Sport Alloys.

To answer AP it's got the panoramic roof they are standard on them all in this country but not in other markets. It gets a few extras that are cost options on other 5s and plenty that is missing on most 3s as well. I'm sure the ride will be no worse than mine I've got 19s already and the Audi is not know for its smooth ride to say the least.

Well I've got it and I couldn't be happier, if far exceeds my expectations. 

I will post up a full review in good time but in every way its better than the Audi. The engine is creamy smooth and powerful, and gave me 41mpg on the journey home in lots of stop start traffic and motorway driving. The interior is a very special place, everything exudes quality and its rather spacious inside to say the least and the roof gives it a really airy feel that the kids will love. 

Steering is more direct and feel some than the Audi, it rides better even though its on 20" alloys and seems to enjoy going round corners thats a change I can tell you and its soooo quiet at cruising speed. 

I have a bloody huge grin on my face thinking about taking it out again; I'm glad my heart won over the head this time.  :grin:  +++  +++  +++

• Like 7

Got to love the rimless rear doors too. :)

Let me know when you've worked out how to turn everything off without locking the car won't you? Being "keyless go" you just push the button to kill the engine, but the radio stays on. I then get out and go indoors, and its a good 5 minutes before it all turns itself off. I don't like to lock the car as we often go to it to swap baby seats etc etc. 

On the topic of keyless go I'm soooo tempted to leave the car somewhere with the engine running and watch someone try to drive off in it. You can't engage drive unless the key is inside the car. I'd just politely ask them to leave the vehicle.