2014 Spanish F1 GP

Andy_Bangle

I've never got this dislike of Hamilton.

Aren't most winners arrogant in some way?  Schumacher, Alonso, Vettel (and his constant disregard of team instructions), Senna, Prost, Mansell, they've all had their moments (and usually for years).

I think he's show that if he has a competitive car he is a supreme racer.  He also has moments of drama because of how he never seems to 'cruise' when in a winning position.  Look at the moment on the last lap when he lost it sllightly (only saved by Rosberg then locking up otherwise it might have been very close at the end). 

I like the guy.  He'll never be as popular as some like Jenson Button because he doesn't have that type of endearing personality, but his ability to push a car is undoubted.

Incidentally, I'd be interested to know how people view the performance of triple world champion, Mr Vettel, now.  He's not looking too wonderful when he's not got the fastest car in the field, is he?

Although I'm not a Vettel fan, but his drive yesterday was pretty impressive. He got the ultimate fastest lap and finished 4th after starting 15th. This on the back of very little running all weekend due to technical issues with the car in both practice and quali. To add, there were no safety cars to help him and no cars in front retired gifting him any places.

He's just inherited some of Mark Webber's luck.

Edited by Cuprabob

I think Hamilton has a big issue with the image he puts across.

Whilst he may appeal to the yoof, older fans are alienated by his 'gangsta' lifestyle and fashions. And that stupid faux-American accent.

He's a middle class lad from Stevenage, so why this whole 'gangsta' thing with silly caps, jewellery, the 'entourage' of rappers and pop stars he used to turn up with etc.

I just can't warm to him... for the same reasons I think Tim Westwood is an arse.

There's no doubt he's a good driver... but his attitude issues also extend to the track, where he whines like hell if it's not all going his way.

He needs to realise he's been incredibly lucky that he's had a race-winning car every year of his F1 career - I'd love to know how he'd have coped if given the complete dogs the likes of Button have had for much of their career!

Whilst he may appeal to the yoof, older fans are alienated by his 'gangsta' lifestyle and fashions. And that stupid faux-American accent.

How bizarrely generic that is, surely?  I say that because I'm an older fan, don't see any of the 'gangsta' lifestyle you say he puts across and don't feel in the slightest alienated by him.

How do you know older fans feel alienated by him?  Or is that just your feeling that you presume everyone else has and with the same reason why?