2014 Hungarian Grand Prix

Andy_Bangle

Hamilton's Qualifying this year summed up. A reported fuel leak is the cause of Hamilton's fire.

Hamilton: "I've got flames."

Engineer: "Stop there, marshals behind with fire extinguishers."

Hamilton: "It won't stop." 

BteCLJpIcAA6Ba_.jpg

BteB-PSCQAAn__I.png

OUT in Q1: Raikkonen, Kobayashi, Chilton, Ericsson, Hamilton, Maldonado

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Safety car out, Rosberg loses his 9sec lead, chaos in pits ... JB has problems, Lewis keeps on loosing bits and there's going to be more rain!

And another crash, Rosberg car is smoking with a brake problem and it's only lap 12

And another huge crash Perez, safety car out again.

Maldonado drives into the side of Bianchi and spins out, losing several places.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Hang on a minute, having just caught up post-race because I missed it, and having read 3-4 reports....

Only weeks ago, Lauda and Mercedes-Benz said Rosberg and Hamilton wouldn't receive team orders and would fight it out on the track.

Today, ummm, well all of a sudden this doesn't quite look like the same message?

Well done Lewis, well done indeed.

Car problems prior to now, an engine fire, and now they want him to let the man with no bad luck pass him?

It seems to me like those passing comment on the petulant one may have to reassess who that is.

That was an epic race.

Hamilton and Vettel spinning and not hitting the barrier with any force.

The radio message to LH was totally out of order IMO, even if the strategy was different and NR had to stop again. Theyvwere racing each other.

Don't.like to see that Mercedes mechanic have his hand so close to the cooling duct / wing end plate.when the car launches from the pit stop.

Great drive by Ricciardo and Alonso too.

They were on different strategies, but I think the team got the call wrong. At that stage Rosberg wasn't enough quicker to justify Lewis letting him through - and in the end that proved crucial. Perfect response from Lewis on the radio.

Very impressive drive from Ricciardo. The Aussies are going to be fecking insufferable when he inevitably wins a WDC.

All in all though, it does tell you that Mercedes-Benz simply don't have the 'fight it out between you' policy that they like to tell people about.

I can't help but think that today highlighted they've put their weight firmly behind one driver, and he ain't called Lewis.

I don't think so. It was a call based entirely on the drivers being on different strategies and trying to manage their positions to get the best possible overall result for the team.

Given that there seems to be about 99% consensus that it was the wrong call I think they'll think more carefully about it in future.

They won't back one driver over the other for the title until one of them has a significant advantage, and that certainly isn't the case yet.

Of course that won't stop some of the more imaginitive Hamilton fans inventing yet more conspiracies... :P

I wouldn't call myself a Hamilton fan though.  I like Rosberg too.  Yes I'd prefer to see a British man lift the championship, but I'm not too bothered really.

However, fact is they said there would be no driver orders - and they've been proven to have lied, however you look at it.+++

Oh, I wasn't aiming that one at you. There are some really rabid Hamilton fans out there. Proper tin hat headcases... :roflmao:

I just hope we get a battle between them right to the very end. I'd say Rosberg is very slight favourite, but if Lewis wins he can look back at incredible recovery drives in the last two races.

You see the same call every race between team mates. If drivers are on differing strategies then often their paths will cross. It is not team orders as such but team optimisation. It has no bearing on Mercedes stating they will be allowed to fight. Lewis once again proved he is a selfish prick / hungry competitor ( choose your own reference ).

Niki Lauda says Lewis Hamilton did right thing +++

All in all, at least the cars are now racing - rather than a parade lap of adoration to Vittell as we viewed him going round and round with no competition. 

F1 has at least won back some appeal............