BTCC is back

M8CKN

Excellent news. I bloody love BTCC.

I must get around to booking tickets.  We went to Rockingham last year and got grid passes as my other half is friends with someone from Team BMR.  I thoroughly enjoyed the day.  Excellent racing and a bargain price too.  This year I think we'll do Silverstone and Rockingham.

What we really need is for our resident racing driver to negotiate a bit of sponsorship when he orders his new Cayenne GTS, ditch the kit car and get himself on the Porsche Carrera Cup grid in a GT3 Cup. If the maintenance is covered by sponsorship it should work out about the same financially.

You're appointed as my chief negotiator. Let me know when it's sorted +++

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lad that went to school with eldest is in the Ginetta series ..... we are hoping he has another good season, def one to keep an eye on!  

Also got a friend doing his second year in BTCC, and his Dad is in the Porsche Carerra Cup GB just because he can - always a good day out watching the races +++ 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lad that went to school with eldest is in the Ginetta series ..... we are hoping he has another good season, def one to keep an eye on!

Also got a friend doing his second year in BTCC, and his Dad is in the Porsche Carerra Cup GB just because he can - always a good day out watching the races +++

One of my 'acquaintances' is racing an Aston Vantage GT3 in the British GT series this year. His own team is PFL.

Got some Aston corporate thing have been invited to by him. +++

An interesting character!

Edited by Soulboy

Maybe we will meet you at some point this year then ..... I find it hard to believe that Dave in the Ginetta Series has not long turned 17 but pleased to say he got a well-deserved 1st place at Thruxton +++

That is very good going at 17.

Even Patently is 19 years old :grin:

• 4 weeks later...