R32 v 111S

BURTON

But what you appear to have miss understood. Is this..

This topic was based around the handling of 2 cars. 2 Cars that are very different. One a Hatch and the other a proper sports car.

I never said for one minute that my car or a R32 is the best thing since sliced bread! I know that there are many cars better and worse out there!

I was not trying to be clever or smart with that comment to the CSL. I was merlying (sp) saying that, this is how you have come accross towards me in this tread! As i have seen your other posts in other threads and agree and listen to what you and others have to say!

Also i never slatted any model of BM! I do remember me saying about the X5 yesterday! Nor your model. i simpley said only the CSL interests me! Doesn't mean that the others are bad etc or that i was slatting them!

Hope that clears things up. And iam 23 nearly 24.

beerchug.gif

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem with a view, but when it expressed as a defensive response to a comment, rather than a stand-alone judgement, just seems to be a little childish.

My views on R32's are my interpretation of my experience of the car, and as many on here know, I do have some experience(!!!!), but these comments are taken to be inflamatory by R32 owners.

If someone had driven a 330 Clubsport and found it not to their liking, that is fine, I would accept that, I wouldn't be offended and need to attack them or choice of car in some way.

The whole way this thread has developed is that (sighs as has to make a well trodden point) R32 owners are too defensive and not objective enough about their cars and any critisism they may attract.

If we were all slagging of your mum or girlfreind, you would be far more justified to take offence, but we are talking about a car FCS.

When have i said that there was a problem. I suppose iam anoyied at this post as what started out as a look had some fun with this car.. Has turned into a My car is faster thing. when i never said that at all!

I do love the E30 M3 and have driven one as i was getting one for track daying!

Im not the blinkered VW man i used to be. VW's are the b all and end all! was my saying! But after owning a fair few and been taken out in some very quick motors and also driven! I have gotten off my own "VW is best" horse and can see the EVO in everything!

I have listened to everything everyone else has said about a R32 or whether it be a Skoda... I don't judge as you say.. Nor have i said that i do!

But then again and iam not saying that you can't you can have your own opinion as this is what its all about! The original comment that i made was just ment at humor. Guess it didn't come accross like that!

beerchug.gif

I drove my brother's 330Ci Sport and almost fell asleep.

I know a guy who test drove a new M3 to replace his Boxster S. He ended up buying a Cooper S because it was more fun to drive.

I'm sick of this argument personally. There's no harm in comparing cars, especially if they are of a similar price when new. We read power output and 0-60 figures before buying a car so we can compare it to the others.

Personally I ended up test driving a Golf because it was one of about 3 cars that actually gave me a good run for my money when I had my RX-7. I raced a 4motion on a damp road and it shocked the hell out of me. I know most of these things come down to the driver, but it stuck in my mind enough to consider a Golf as my next car.

Since getting the R32 I've run against a Cooper S. Again I was surprised at how much it pulled up to a ton. I held the lead, but only just. Another car I won't be knocking now.

[ QUOTE ]

I drove my brother's 330Ci Sport and almost fell asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say in defence though, this is a car that the longer you spend with it, the more you appreciate it, it does take time to get to know it, I should know, I'm on my 3rd!!!

[ QUOTE ]

But then again and iam not saying that you can't you can have your own opinion as this is what its all about! The original comment that i made was just ment at humor. Guess it didn't come accross like that!

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most ppl here saw the humour in your post and it was just a minority who took it the wrong way. Dont worry about it dude beerchug.gif These things happen quite a lot cos it's a lot easier to take things to wrong way on a chat forum as opposed to a pub.

Whilst we're all on the subject; I beat a bus off the lights in my Yaris this morning and i know the bus driver was trying cos all of the passengers had their faces stuck to the back windows grin.gifbeerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Since getting the R32 I've run against a Cooper S. Again I was surprised at how much it pulled up to a ton. I held the lead, but only just. Another car I won't be knocking now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a few months ago, some bloke in a standard cooper tried racing me on the motorway - although i left him behind, he wasn't THAT far behind and it was scary how well he kept up with me blush.gif

It gave me a gentle reminder that although my car is quick and sporty, it's not always going to be the fastest out there. I bet the cooper driver was pretty impressed whereas i was pretty depressed jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember a few months ago, some bloke in a standard cooper tried racing me on the motorway - although i left him behind, he wasn't THAT far behind and it was scary how well he kept up with me blush.gif

It gave me a gentle reminder that although my car is quick and sporty, it's not always going to be the fastest out there. I bet the cooper driver was pretty impressed whereas i was pretty depressed jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its all about the fun factor!! I didn't storm off from the Elise nor do i when i have fun with another car. I toot and wave!! As i see it as a lets see how i can do.. Where in the G60 it was Come on!! who wants some..

jump.gif

[ QUOTE ]

You & Riz should bring your cars to a track day, that should settle a few misconstrued opinions.......

[/ QUOTE ] oi oi slap.gif leave me out of this... fair enough i wound up a few S3 owners yelrotflmao.gif and the idea of a dual was thought up but honestly do you think im going to waste my money and time driving around a track like a loon trying to prove nothing.

Ive owned both the S3 and R32 and in my opinion the performance is the same.

End of story.

Riz beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

ok so this thread has derided, most BMW's, scoobies, Lotus's, etc etc, is there any more out there that can be listed so that this can come to a close.....

there must be a car out there that the R32 can't beat !

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some, but not many. I raced my mum in her chipped Sl55, I have to admit surprisingly she beat me, but only by a very small margin. I’ve beat a porche turbo off the lights to a ton, and the McLaren F1 LM was not much of a match. All i can say is bring it on Bugatti, especially to 30 grin.gif

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

MY CAR IS BETTER THAN AN R32

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find that comment was a joke.

I hope you don't think the Porsche Turbo driver was truly trying, otherwise it is the most laughable, stupid thing I have heard all year, a Porsche Turbo would have dealt with my P1 easily enough, and believe me, the P1 would have lft you for dead, mods or no mods, try racing a chipped SL55 without your mother driving, I really have heard it all now.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gifsmashfreakB.gif

Interesting thread this.

znaika.gif

I like to come on this forum to air my opinion.

I really dont expect people to agree with me all the time.

BUT... I dont care! grin.gif

Its MY OPINION and everyone else is entitled to their opinion.

If we all want to agree with each other all the time, we should get a Trabant each and all wear Chairman Mao (sp?) suits.

HAVE YOUR OPINION - IT MAY BE RIGHT OR IT MAY BE WRONG, WHO CARES.

IF ITS YOuR OPINION, STICK WITH IT.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The words 'clown' and 'deluded' come to mind confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So i take it you believe the bit about the Maclaren F1 LM then. Sorry i got bored of reading the same old bollockks and thought i would add some logic to this debate. Steak ta ta anyone pengy.gif

I know I'll probably get shot for this but am going to voice my opinion anyway, firstly, I have owned quite a few high performance cars in the past. My last car before the R32 was a Scoob 22B (modded - and much quicker than a P1 lodders) and I really do like my R32.

It seems to me that people like loddrik have a problem with us because we like our R32's and he doesn't. Well, that is fair enough, I buy that but what I can't understand is why someone who thinks that they are nothing special, would waste their time sitting on a forum trying to wind up other owners? I mean, how many of us sit on forums for cars we don't like? I only visit this forum becuase I have this car - so Loddrik.... why is this? If you think the R32 is not up to scratch, why waste your time contributing to the forum?