* * * HESITATION - READ THIS * * *

odnet

Had new ECU software installed today, defo the latest version post v.4 firmware, only arrived at VW Reading last week. Car was much smoother and power delivery more "linear" than before with no step in pick up between 2-3000 RPM.

Biggest difference tho' was lack of AmD remap, felt very slow compared to before with a much "thinner" power delivery and a noticeable lack of urge near the top end.

Anyway went straight to AmD after Ridgeway had finished (phoned up and asked if i could come a day early..no problem)and they took ECU software map from car to use on future R32's, and re-remapped car.

Wow!!!! she really flies now with a real fat torque curve, no flat stop and great top end smile.gif

Those of you who have the stage 2 remap can avoid the dealers and go straight to AmD and they will install latest EC version and re-remap for you, mine was FOC but check with them before you commit.

Over and out.

Sanjay beerchug.gif

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok got my car back today and all seems well but that is because the new ECU has been installed and thus will have to relearn driving style etc. Didn't get the new software as they don't have it yet. Couldn't speak to the Head Tech as he was on holiday (he was dealing with my case personally) and the obnoxious woman on the service desk knew nothing about it.

Still can't drive (broken arm fekr.gif) but the missus was making me nervous on the 100 mile journey up the road blush.gif. After being used to a 100hp TDi Bora for the last 2 weeks I forgot how well the R handles and how good the brakes are. I think she enjoyed being in the driver seat and getting her own back for all the times I've done it to her. It won't last long.

So tell me this are the CDs being sent out automatically or do the dealers have to request one?

I hope they get it soon.

My car was in the dealers today having a speaker rattle fixed, so I asked the service manager what he knew about the new software - blank face. The master tech is on a course for 3 weeks and has always been the only one who knew very much about my car.

They said they'd try and find out before it goes back for a service in 2 weeks. I did get them to give me a print out showing my version numbers etc (attached). Can anyone enlighten me as to what version I've got?

post-4907-137914278079_thumb.jpg

One thing i did notice on job sheet was that cars under 10000 miles only were being treated as warranty claims. Maybe this explains why some of you haven't been contacted???

One of the techies at VW Reading has an R32...said that this was the definitive fix and made big difference to his own car.

Sanjay

[ QUOTE ]

One thing i did notice on job sheet was that cars under 10000 miles only were being treated as warranty claims. Maybe this explains why some of you haven't been contacted???

One of the techies at VW Reading has an R32...said that this was the definitive fix and made big difference to his own car.

Sanjay

[/ QUOTE ]

Waits with added jump.gif

Soft wear installed today what a dream, absilutly flies, gona fill it to the brim with optimax tommorrow when shes dry, cause the mrs only puts in the lean-mix shite, hopefully be back in "pukeing passenger mode" with abit of luck, the Mrs being the first victim "HA". grin.gif

Today i experianced the worst hesistation to date.....

I was on the way to work this morning and my fuel light came on..... so i had to get into eco-mode driving as the fuel station is near my home......

On the way home from work i was applying very little throttle pressue..... using 1st - 2nd there was a really big hesistation issue.... feels abit like clutch slip.... or when a MAF is faulty.....

So when somebody has the CD versions and Update numbers please let me know.... as this hesistation is now becoming a pain in the a$$.

Riz beerchug.gif

Plot thickens. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Got a call from my dealers following up from me popping in. They advised me that having liased with VW Technical Services, and that no updates are currently available for my car (I think that was the terminology used). confused.gif My car was last at the dealers at the begining of June for a service. It ran well for a while but the hesitancy has, as mentioned before, returned.

So I called VW Customer Services & spoke to a very helpful lady. Explained everything, including stuff discussed on here. It's been left that I'm to hear back from hear as she's trying to find out as much info as she can for me. She did mention that she had heard something recently about the R32, but would check it out & let me know.

Basically, I'm rather confused! frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Dubzter, where did you take your car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hawco in Inverness, have you had any dealings with them. What is your opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been there, will try Aberdeen today and see what they say. Don't think i will be getting anything touched on my car though, never had a sniff of hesitation before or after having the APR remap done. Maybe its just lucky.

craig

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, just had the call back. All is confirmed from VW UK's Customer Services. Once again, all very helpful.

Am going to give my dealer a call & have a chat to get things sorted.

Hurrah! smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SAUER0421.GIF have just had EXACTLY the opposite response from VW customer services - the robot on the phone had no interest in helping me or getting info from VW Technical - "sorry that would be breaking procedure to tell you if there is any software update available"

sportifs2.gif VW's trademark customer service strikes again sportifs2.gif

I sent a letter to VW a week or so ago.

Anyway, I was on holiday last week and I got a call on my mobile! (which was strange because I didnt put down my number in the letter confused.gif) from VW technical on Fri 16th.

'We are pleased to tell you that we received your letter and a fix for the problem with the R32 flatspot has become available from yesterday (15th).

We have contacted the dealer today and they will contact you directly to arrange to book the car in'

So now im just waiting for the call from the dealers.

It seems that a letter directly to VW may be better than dealing with dealers.

BTW, my car has done 16k now.

[ QUOTE ]

Any update people?

Riz beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i've not been back to the office since getting my car sorted... have called & asked vw for the cd number..... they haven't got back to me as yet...

i'm going in tomorrow though for a few random things so will deffo get it then.... promise! 169144-ok.gif

the fix is sweet though, i've had no issues whatsoever since....

plus i got £500 worth of freebies to spend at vw for all my troubles, and a free headlight & covers.... and a new engine, stereo, clutch....

a good days work i think!! beerchug.gif

will update tomorrow (monday)

ivan

[ QUOTE ]

I take it they confirmed that there is a more recent update than the V4 most of us have had done. Do you have their phone number and the name of the person you spoke to

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to VW CS on tel: 0800 711811.

They confirmed that it was new software, but I didn't get any reference No's. Also, although the person I spoke to was extremely helpful, I don't think it's particularly fair for me to post their name on here & be deluged by phone calls. crazy.gif

They should all have the same info.

[ QUOTE ]

Just been into dealers with hesitation probs and got told that i should only use optimax and that would sort it....if only

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, wouldn't happen to be a dealer in Reading, name starts with "Ridge" and ends with "way" would it??

I got that story too. The R should only be run on 98 ron. True. But I don't believe that Optimax is a must.

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you told them where you would stick the petrol pump. Then showed them the sticker on the fuel flap that says 95/98 ron

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but your wrong. It says 98ron/95roz. 95 roz is not the same rating as 95 ron. It's an alternative rating code, and therefore the same as 98 ron.

Anyway, going to call my locals to get a few bits looked at & have the software loaded. Just hope the car plays up when she's supposed to!! crazy.gif

Al.

beerchug.gif

[quote

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you told them where you would stick the petrol pump. Then showed them the sticker on the fuel flap that says 95/98 ron

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but your wrong. It says 98ron/95roz. 95 roz is not the same rating as 95 ron. It's an alternative rating code, and therefore the same as 98 ron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I stand corrected