It's here !

RS4_Barry

Hope it goes better than the Scottish rugby team smile.gif

Interested to see how you get on as I put the Cooper S down as an overhyped car. In std form it just didnt flick my switch. Do wonder how a Hartage or Works car feels though.

Love the colour of yours. Would have to change the roof design though

Jonathan

Who owned an S for 5 weeks

AUTOCAR gave the Works S an amazing report.

"It's so rapid in the intermediate gears that even a well driven 911 would now have dificulty putting clean air between itself and a Works S on a decent twisty road".

The only problem is the price of £18,000, espeshally when you can buy the 210bhp (10bhp more than the works) Hartage engine tuing package from Birds for only £1,495 +vat.

P.S. the number for Birds is 01895 810850

www.birds.uk.com

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AUTOCAR gave the Works S an amazing report.

"It's so rapid in the intermediate gears that even a well driven 911 would now have dificulty putting clean air between itself and a Works S on a decent twisty road".

The only problem is the price of £18,000, espeshally when you can buy the 210bhp (10bhp more than the works) Hartage engine tuing package from Birds for only £1,495 +vat.

P.S. the number for Birds is 01895 810850

www.birds.uk.com

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Woppum,

Birds are listed on our directory page beerchug.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

barry, you say its more fun than the RS6. in what way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really wanting to step on Barrys toes, but a small hatch and the RS6 are very different.

The RS6 is full V8 treatment.. heavy but with awsome power.. you can't escape weight.. when you chuck it into a corner it feels heavy...

A small hatch is all revs and noise.. tyre noise, wind noise, noise form the engine.. it makes you feel more involved and thus , in some ways, it is more fun.

I loved my Yaris T-Sport for exactly that reason, but I wouldn't choose it for a 500 mile round trip. The RS6 on the other hand would destroy the 500 miles and you would step out as fresh as when you set off

Hope that helps explain it a little laugh.gif

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit I was pretty disappointed with my RS6 not a patch on the RS4 I'm afraid . RS6 engine was fine spec etc was fine but the gearbox was awful. You could have all the power in this world but the gearbox just doesn't know how to put it through the wheels it constantly would hunt for the right gear and occasionally change into the wrong one - I'm not slating the car as it is a very nice car but you must remember I came from a 911T compared to which the RS6 was a mere Vectra I'm afraid! After the Scottish run I realised that it wasn't the car for me as to be truthful even with 515bhp point to point many cars are quicker ( and speed's what I like smile.gif ) It is very good at doing what it was designed to do though - carry people and lots of stuff quickly. I reckon i'll stick with the mini for day to day stuff and the evo for balls out fun as i've driven nothing that can touch it for all out fun and performance! grin.gif