Bloomin expensive plates.

CabGirl

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I once saw David Beckham driving out of Old Trafford when he had a Black Ferrari 355 Spyder with the plate DAV 1D.

I believe he still owns the plate but the 355 has been long gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it was spelt that way? because I guy in Hockley Heath has had DAV 1D on his Bentley for at least 8 years to my knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, absolutely. No question about it. The plate was DAV 1D and it was Mr Beckham himself.

I'm trying to think when this was though - because it was quite a long time ago. It may well have been about 1997/8. I'm trying to place more precisely what the game was and then I can pin the date down, but recall it at the moment.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

It would be strange for David Beckham to sell it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really - once you become mega famous, you probably want to be able to drive your flash car without people knowing it's you. If you even drive your own cars at all, more likely you use helicopters/private jets and then have chauffers taking you wherever you want to go.

DAV1D would look great on a Ferrari for an up and coming well paid player, but once you're in the Beckham's league, you really don't need a plate like that.

Also to whoever else mentioned it, I agree that number+initial plates look much more impressive than "spelled" plates.

"DB 1" etc looks a thousand times more impressive than "DAV1D".

[ QUOTE ]

I spotted this one a few days ago – the DVLA sold it around 15 years ago for 34k! EEK2.GIF

411484-jul500.jpg

A gold star for the first person to name the location. grin.gif

411484-jul-bg.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely Deansgate in Manchester - perhaps parked outside the estate agency belonging to Julie Twist (curiously enough called "Julie M Twist Properties")

[ QUOTE ]

Definitely Deansgate in Manchester - perhaps parked outside the estate agency belonging to Julie Twist (curiously enough called "Julie M Twist Properties")

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof that there's money to be made in property! tongue.gif

JUL1E

Manufacturer Bmw

Model 530I SPORT AUTO

Body type 4 door saloon

Colour Black

Fuel type Petrol

Date manufactured 27 June 2002

Number of previous owners 1

Last owner change 05 December 2002

When was the picture of the LandCruiser taken??

Hi,

Iv'e always wanted MAD 1 as it's my initials last time i saw it ,it was on a yellow Rolls Royce and was open to offers at the time of 100.00 plus but that was about 12 years ago ,don't know were it is at pressent.

Merdock