E60 BMW M5....now at my dealers!

NewNiceMrMe

SEEN IT THIS MORNING!!!

Carbon Black M5, Black Interior, arrived this morning.

Still hasn't been cleaned, plated up or anything, in fact it has moreorless just come off the back of the transporter.

Jesus though....those quad pipes are big!!

The car was still on chocks so sat about 4" too high.

First impressions:

- The engine noise.....oh my. Sounds superb (yes, got to start it up)

- The interior....not good. Doesn't have the Merino leather and I wasn't too impressed I must say.

- The exterior....I think Carbon flattens some of the contours too much - it looked very very plain indeed. Very stealthy though.

- Features - as I say, those exhausts are huge, the discs and calipers are a sight to behold too.

I'm going back tomorrow once it has been polished up and plated. Hopefully for a 'non-official' run.....but I'm saying no more....hehehe.

Had a go in one a few weeks ago (customers have already got theirs here, none of that dealer-faffing around nonsence!)

Very, very rapid car but big and heavy too.

Black is not a good colour for the E60 M5, it's nicer in Silver Grey, Silverstone or something similar.

Can't decide whether to get one or wait for the M6...hmm decisions, decisions confused.gif

Am going away on holiday tomorrow but already I can't wait for what you think of it M3Me grin.gif

Sad I know but who cares what can I say I likes my cars. 169144-ok.gif

See if you can get a video of the noise it makes !! Will be really interested to see if you think about getting one after a drive. I get the feeling that the new M3 isn't lighting your fire as a potential new motor at the moment.....

[ QUOTE ]

It's his mums car.

I am always tempted by fast Porka's but need the practical aspect of an M car. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, never get an SL myself no mater how pretty it is! 169144-ok.gif

The size would put me off too, I don’t know where you do most your driving but round here the best bits are the twisties, and I wouldn’t like to be doing what I do in the R, in the M5 or M6, you just don’t know what is round the corner and you have to be more wary of a bigger car.

Having said that I bet they are nice on a good B road, or in the Gumball! 169144-ok.gif