A4 TDI???

Bradmax57

Thinking of changing the S3 soonish and was thinking about a A4 2.5TDI just wondering what peoples opinions are of them good or bad, and how much better they would be over a 130 1.9, obvioulsy the v6 sounds better but ive never driven a 2.5 yet, also if anyone has had one chipped what they are also like would be good aswell

IIRC I was warned off the 2.5 tdi when I was buying my 1.9. I was told the extra weight of the engine hit the performance figures quite hard and also upset the fuel economy figures. You also don't see too many around - why not buy a 1.9 and re-map it, or buy a used B7 3.0Tdi - there are some atound already.. sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

B6 1.9TDI 130 Quattro GmbH Sport and re-map to about 170PS!

[/ QUOTE ]

just like mine, remap is getting done mon i will post results here!

p.s took a 530d out today and very quick i was suprised!

[/ QUOTE ]

Had one in Germany for a few days - very quick indeed!

Like UBM, I was also warned off the 2.5, but according to the Sales Monkey, it was because the engine used in the 2.5 was of the older type than the 1.9 PD.

I can't say either way - I've no idea, but that was what I was told. He said the 130 was quicker.

Who knows...

[ QUOTE ]

This appeared this morning in a new A8, reputedly the most powerful diesel soot chucker engine in the World.

Any takers for a Diesel S4 coffee.gif

427515-2050519.004.Mini3L.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet Mercedes are gutted, they only just announced their new V8 4litre diesel as being the most powerful in the world at 316bhp and 730 newton metres of torque.

So the new 4.2 V8 from Audi has 326 bhp but what is the torque figure?

That in the rear of a new TT or the LeMans would be nice! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How much is it mate?

The 1.8T s-line is a lot smoother and more fun to drive...

maybe you could reconsider? especially if you're paying a premium for the TDI one 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

£14K im not 100% sure on the 1.8Ts tbh, and I love the torque and relaxed driving the diesel gives

If it's up for 14k through trade they won't be expecting to get that. I reckon you could get it for £12k with a lot of haggling.

The miles are high for an 02 plate but if has been well maintained and not thrashed, those kind of miles on a VAG diesel are nothing really.

I would still do some hunting around though. Anyone buying that car will be paying a premium for kit and the RS6 wheels.

If it were me I would rather get a newer/lower mileage car for my money and then put the wheels etc on afterwards as and when money allowed. 169144-ok.gif