types of phone prep

Oreokid

better response

GSM mobile telephone preparation on dashboard with hands free function, Bluetooth interface, roof aerial for optimal reception and charger. Can be operated via a multi-function steering wheel if ordered. A phone adapter is required at extra cost, please see your Audi Centre for phone compatibility and full details

GSM mobile telephone preparation in Front armrest

with hands free function, Bluetooth interface, roof aerial for optimal reception and charger. A phone adapter is required at extra cost, please see your Audi Centre for phone compatibility and full details. Only in combination with a multi-function steering wheel. Not available on S line models

guess both setups are bluetooth

apparently the license for BT that SE have for the P900 is not a "Full" license i was suprised as well since a lower spec T and K series phones have this "full" license.

so has anybody managed to get a phone to work with GSM that was not on the list?

• 8 months later...

Hi Newbie here. Just picked up a 2 year old A4 Avant Sport 2.0fsi (kind of wish I had found this forum before buying the car as the 2.0fsi feedback isnt great). Anyway the car is fully loaded with leather, satnav, gsm phone prep etc, and whilst its not the fastest kid on the block, its not bad compared to the x5 I traded in.

Anyway my question is - does the dash mount gsm phone on a 2 year old audi include bluetooth? Theres nothing in the manual and the dealer (fontain) reckoned it was not bluetooth compatible.

There is no pairing code in any of the manuals to suggest its got bluetooth either.

Pretty impressed overall by the quality, kind of wish I had gone for something a bit quicker, but then a4's with sat nav seem to be very rare indeed.

welcome to tyresmoke probably the best Audi furum on the Web. jump.gif

(Were you on BMW land previously?)

you will have to post some pics of your car. (there are a lot of Avant drivers around.)

Don't actually have the answer to your question,however i'm sure one of the other memebers will be able to help!

Yea I was (still am) on bmwland. One of the guys recommended this for audi and I agree it seems to be the best.

I'll post some pics when I get round to taking some.

Well turns out it does have bluetooth (mine is 07/04). Just did a search from my phone and it picked it up - used 1234 as the passcode and that was it. I cant get to the phone book though as I dont have voice control or a multi function steering wheel, but i can recieve calls which is the main thing as I dont make calls when driving generally anyway.

Had the car for a few days now, and to be honest the 2.0 fsi engine is absolutley fine, okay its no match for some of the cars I've had, but for 19k I think I've got pretty much everything I need (apart from TMC - I miss that already)