DUBSTRONG Wristband!!

AJno1

Guys and Gals,

Have been in contact with Robert @ DUBSTRONG in the US about getting hold of some Wristbands (See Attached).

They would be approx $6 (£3.44) each.

Carriage would be a total of $16 (£9.18).

If I can get 10 or more of you interested it could be worthwhile getting some shipped over.

If you're seriously interested PM me and we'll see if we can sort it out.

post-9831-1379143158_thumb.jpg

Come on Guys & Gals!

I thought there were a few of you interested?!

I've only received PMs from DubBeGoodToMe & DaddyDub. 169144-ok.gif

For Robert to ship these and make it worthwhile, I need to get about 10-15 of you together.

You know you all want one really... wink.giftongue.gif

So the minimum outlay is £740 for 500 bands + £50 for tooling. We have Im sure out of the 10k members we have on here, we can get 500 to pay £2 each for a Tyresmoke one. Anyone want a little earner?

So cost to make/buy each £1.58, sell @ £2 each = profit of £210. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone asked whether Tyresmoke would like its brand devalued on one of those ridiculous bracelets? tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the TsN brand is the only one that is going to be devalued by this.

The blue wristbands in the UK are for anti-bullying. Check with your kids (if you have any at school). As soon as people start making wristbands for anything other than for supporting the original causes, all the massive amount of work that has gone into raising awareness of bulling, Make Poverty History, breast cancer, testicular cancer and other things effectively goes out of the window.

That's my 10p worth, so, in my book, Mollox's comment about "ridiculous bracelets" stands.

OK, fair enough, if thats how it works.

My 10p worth, if you put a blue wristband on a kid because he/ she may be bullied there is one thing for

certain........ They will get bullied with a blue wristband on.

Not sure this sort of thing works, but i dont want one now smile.gif i keep to learning about my car on here !!

RobK

[ QUOTE ]

My 10p worth, if you put a blue wristband on a kid because he/ she may be bullied there is one thing for

certain........ They will get bullied with a blue wristband on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this if one kid in the school wears one and I can't speak for schools outside my area, but the parent awareness and take-up in the two schools my kids are at means that over 50% of kids wear them. I guess it's psychological, but the amount of bullying has gone down.

I don't want to p*ss on your fireworks, but if you are still going down this route, then you might want to consider getting your own made with dub strong for $2.50 each from this company in the US.

This came up from doing a search on Google for "awareness wristbands".

I'm outta this now - best of luck guys. 169144-ok.gif

Hi,

I can see where your coming from now, if plenty are wearing them they will stand together and not alone. I understand how it could work now.

I was only going along with the conversation here, not that interested in these really smile.gif

No offence intended by my previous comments, you clearly know more about this than me.

RobK

[ QUOTE ]

No offence intended by my previous comments

[/ QUOTE ]

None taken Rob 169144-ok.gif

Just think about the white Make Poverty History wrist bands and how the popularity of those caught on. Sir Geldof and his friends had a lot to do with raising awareness of this, but they very quickly became a "me too" accessory - even if it meant that people contributed as little as £1 towards the cause.

beerchug.gif

• 2 weeks later...