The 1 series support thread !

bazza_g

grin.gif I know a lot of people are slating this car but I've spent the last couple of hours with one driving it and playing with the toys and have nothing but praise for it - shock horror shocked.gif

grin.gif OK the styling may not be to everyone's taste but in the flesh its growing on me big time - it looks big and solid, has got better build quality that the last 3 series I went in, even the i-drive system appears to have won me over !

The model in question is Lady T's mum's 120d Sport - gets the 'sporty' suspension, wheels, sat nav with i-drive, bluetooth prep, voice command, PDC, carbon interior, not sure if they've all got keyless go with the funky start button 169144-ok.gif

I couldn't really give it beans for a couple of reasons :

- the gf's mum was in the car

- its only done 65 miles !

It feels rock solid, nicely weighted steering and you can tell the 120d sport has plenty of go available 169144-ok.gif

GF's mum is happy as I paired here moto phone with the car, the phone book uploads - the voice command works well, big shock !

Well done BMW - bazza likes it !! jump.gif

474417-IMG_0781%281%29.JPG

474417-IMG_0780%281%29.JPG

474417-IMG_0778%281%29.JPG

post-3095-137914316515_thumb.jpg

To be honest i don't think the 1 series is that bad shocked.gif i can understand the reaction to all the stuff on barryboys but a lot of people do like the car and would buy one in the same way as a lot of other cars.

There are soooo many out there that i wouldn't buy but at the end of the day we pays our money and we take our choice.

Personally my opinion is that i wouldn't buy a BMW car on the basis of a few visits to my local dealer (Altwood Taplow) every time they have been beligerant and non plussed. OK, i don't go in a suit but at the end of the day i'm a customer.

That dealer is about bottom of the internal BMW leage table.

I do own a BM bike and am soon to add another, thank fcuk Altwood are not a bike dealer.

Jon.

I'd have the VX over the 1.gif all day long. It may drive well, but the bread van image is here to stay.

Sorry mate, it's like saying a Merc A series is great.

They may well be, but they are not drivers cars and that's what this site is mostly about (well apart from the banter, the jokes, the reviews, the real cars).

I'd welcome seeing Chaved up versions, it's just one of those cars that no matter what BMW offer, it needs a lift.

No new car should go from the factory to the dealer to the body shop to the owner. Same thing with the back end of the Golf Mk5.

Why should someone have to instantly find £600 having spent £20k++ getting the 4rse coloured?

Puts me of both models, I just hope the new R Mk5 comes sorted or I will back it.

Final word on the 1.gif is that it must be really cool with the Country club over 55's set.

ices_blah.gif

It's had my support for some time anyway.

However, I wrote earlier this week I was very disappointed that a 120d took it's time in getting past me on the way back from Colchester when we were in the wife's 320d.

Considering we had a full car of 4, 3 suitcases, pushchair etc - I wasn't impressed. Same engine, same bhp - but his car should have been about half the weight of ours!

If I'd have been on my own he'd have been severely embarassed. It could be that his car had few miles on it and was still rather tight whereas ours has now done 11k.

Still disappointed though.

[ QUOTE ]

It's had my support for some time anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It needs it. It's ugly as hell.

There's so many better cars out there for the money, that even look half reasonable too.

Baffles me why people even give it a second thought, but each to their own.

1.gif