Mobile high speed internet solution

Mollox

(Now I’m not talking about a modem card and a laptop here)

Technically, what would you need to provide a broadband connection in an open and public space? Assume no fixed lines are available. On the one hand it would need to be able to handle serious traffic – it will need to receive remote (bulky) content (may possibly include video, sound and large files etc) and will be used my multiple users so it needs to be fast UP as well as DOWN.

Any ideas? Sorry its so cryptic wink.gif

Ta smile.gif

Put it this way - here's an example - how would I put a business quality internet connection in a field?

Alternatively, would hardwiring a connection in an adjacent building and then establishing a WiFi connection to the remote point (assuming range permits etc) be a solution?

The data transmitted itself won't be sensitive but the connection being comprimised would be an unmitigated disaster...

500M should be fine for a normal wireless access point which has an external antenna as long as there is line of sight.

Look at 3COM or Linksys (I use a Linksys WAP54g) kit. You'll probably not need a massive antenna something like 6dB gain should be sufficient I would have thought, though I'm now wireless expert.

My boss was talking today about the possibility for something like this in France, 20 or 40Mbit but definately not cheap.

Said they'd been talking to Orange but in France they can only do a 6-hour lease at a time and then everyone gets booted off as the IP's are reassigned suicide.gif