A4 3.0tdi questions

noddy3366

Hi all,

new to this forum grin.gif as I am swopping my VW R32 for a A4 3.0 Quattro Avant S line (new company car policy, got to go diesel, harumph) (car is red with 18 inch alloys, amaretto valcona leather and walnut with a few toys for the record)

Questions are:

If you,ve got one does it feel quick enough (big question)?

I've ordered sat nav plus with cd changer, is the sound quality any good?

Ordered last week and Dealer indicates delivery 1st week sept, does that sound right?

Thanks

PS Golf is for sale in classified

Cheers

First off welcome to TSN! 169144-ok.gif

Sounds like a cracking car you're getting and I think you're the first on here to be getting the 3.0 Tdi. By all accounts from the bits I've heard, the engine is superb and you won't be disappointed with the performance.

The audio set up is the same as the other non BOSE Concert/Symphony as far as I know. I have this and in the avant and saloon you get a large bass speaker in the back (10 speaker set up) which really makes the difference. I have no complaints about mine and as long as you don't put max volume and bass at the same time, it handles it no problem (max volume and bass on 3 works fine SAUER0421.GIF).

Some poeple, mainly the cab (9 speaker - no bass speaker) drivers swear by BOSE but I don't it's as necessary in the saloon and avant. 169144-ok.gif

1st week September delivery sounds really good to me. They usually quote 8-12 weeks so effectively they've quotes you 8-9 weeks. Just in time for the 55 plate! 169144-ok.gif

What other options have you gone for?

Welcome to TSN, and the A4 Forum! beerchug.gif

The Diesels are quick. They have a huge amount of torque and get moving very quickly. A nice refined car for cruising along the motorways and enough force to annoy a chav in his sh1t-mobile. 169144-ok.gif

You'll not find it as quick as your R32, but once you've done 10k in your new one, it will be on its way to opening up nicely and it will put a smile on your face.

Sounds a nice spec too. 169144-ok.gif

I have an A6 not an A4 and find the performance fantastic. I came out of a B6-S4 and dont feel short changed. CAR mag have one on long term test and got an indicated 166mph out of it. I dont have much experience of R32's but have driven plenty of 3.2 A3's and the 3.0 TDi is just as quick if not quicker.

Hi and welcome. Sounds like a nice car you have spec'd. Which red have you gone for?

I initially spec'd Symphony, and bowed to peer pressure and added BOSE, a couple of days later.

I've read some good reports on the 3.0tdi unit - I'm sure it will be a lovely drive.

Interesting you've been given a quicker build/delivery date.

Cheers,

Chris

You wont be disappointed with the performance. 0-60 in about 7.0 seconds and a sh*t load of torque. I test drove one before I bought my 2.0T and totally changed my opinion about diesels. It will probably feel faster than your R32 because the way the power is distributed giving you a sudden surge of power at low revs that kicks you back in your seat. ENJOY.

As far as the standard stereo goes I dont know because I went for BOSE and is pretty good.