Anyone Seen These PGR 3 Screenshots

jonlarge

These were released by Bizarre on the 1st July and have caused quite a stir because it was suggested they were photographs rather than renders. The wireframe "proof" have also been released.

Apologies if they've been posted before:

nyshotnew.jpg

nyshot2.jpg

nyshot2wire.jpg

You can get more stuff here at Bizarre's website:

http://www.bizarreonline.net/index.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=32

Were they coloured/textured from scratch, or wireframes with photographs overlayed? I've achieved some pretty impressive looking results when using photo's as a base and then bending/applying to wireframes - but rendering from scratch with maths is a million times harder (and something I'm useless at!).

Are these intro or ingame shots. If the former then maybe but the latter - I doubt (particularly based on PGR2 and the XBOX's graphic capabilities) they are in game shots.

The other thing is that they may be the game's artwork but rendered on a very high performance/definition PC and therefore possibly not indicative of the true XBOX experience.

*Conjecture

[ QUOTE ]

Are these intro or ingame shots. If the former then maybe but the latter - I doubt (particularly based on PGR2 and the XBOX's graphic capabilities) they are in game shots.

The other thing is that they may be the game's artwork but rendered on a very high performance/definition PC and therefore possibly not indicative of the true XBOX experience.

*Conjecture

[/ QUOTE ]

Guys, this is the standard of IN-GAME graphics you will see with many X360 (and of course PS3 etc) titles. 169144-ok.gif

ahh hold on - PGR3 is for the X360 isn't it?

I was also going to say that the pylons look real and that the first pic looks like its a photo but the 2nd looks like it might well be rendered. Even more impressive if it is on that 2nd shot as the building textures seem to be unique and not tiled/repeated bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

*Conjecture

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to tell you this but most of the xbox360 games are developed on PowerMac G5's...something to with them already being PowerPC...and more stable jump.gif