Volvo C70 [PICS]

saab

Volvo have now put out some proper pictures of the new C70 - looks rather nice - the old one IMHO was a pretty car, but a little bit "footballers wives" for my taste and very dated looking nowadays. It will be launched at the Frankfurt show in Spetember and on sale early 06.

The new car has a three piece retractable hard top which I personally think looks better up than down. No surprises with the 5 cylinder engines and a diesel will be along later. No idea of prices yet list for the current model about £30k max so around that I would have thought. Any thoughts??

c70_Ext_604x314_07.jpg

c70_Ext_604x314_01.jpg

c70_Ext_604x314_02.jpg

c70_Ext_604x314_03.jpg

c70_Ext_604x314_04.jpg

Looks nice.

They have used the look of the S40/V50 which is a good thing. So I presume it might be a little smaller than the old one. But thats no bad thing as it was a bit on the huge side really.

A nice warbling 5 cylinder and that could be a great cab. 169144-ok.gif

I always used to like the C70, especially in T5 guise.

This one, well it's even better looking.

The old C70 is a lovely looking car for very little money. A guy I know bought one for his wife and she said "We can't afford this!" - and then he showed her the invoice!

Staggering value.

The only criticism motor experts use to regularly throw at it was to say it's ride was too wallowly and the T5 didn't handle well at all for what it was meant to do.

If they've sorted that, then I'd say we'll see a lot more of them on the roads.

If I had one fault with the look I'd say the front looks a bit high, but the picture could be deceptive.

How cheap are we talking for old C70s, M3Me? Given it a quick scan on autotrader and fish4 but there's nothing at all in the 0 - 2000 boundry. I assume I'm just being a bit foolish thinking they'd be that cheap?

Or are they called T5?

[ QUOTE ]

How cheap are we talking for old C70s, M3Me? Given it a quick scan on autotrader and fish4 but there's nothing at all in the 0 - 2000 boundry. I assume I'm just being a bit foolish thinking they'd be that cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. smashfreakB.gif

That's one big effing roof when it's up. Have another look at it and then have a look at the first pic. How the feck does all that roof go in the boot..?

Or maybe that's the compromise. Great looking car but no room in the boot.

I'd still have one though. 169144-ok.gif

Can someone find any more pics? also more of the interior.

I really like it.

the old C70 has a very crap interior though, so it will have to have come on in leaps and bounds to feel as cosy as the audi cab. volvo have better sound systems though. but for me, a hard roof cab would be ideal.

would have to test drive first though, as can't work out if the windscreen is really deep and would interfere with driving position/feel of open air driving too much or not from those pics.

But externally, those new C70 shots look fantastic. hmm.

Why not? Audi, BMW and Merc are all common as muck, and I bought the audis because I really liked them in any case, no other reason.

Am happy with current cab at present, but if the interior of that C70 looks as good as the outside, then could well be tempted.

They all cost around the same, so makes no difference really. 169144-ok.gif