19's on an R32? What Performance Parts to go for?

DeCal

Hi Guys,

Picking my 53 plate R32 up on Tuesday afternoon. Would anyone recommend putting 19's on it? Will they fit and what sort would look good?

Also, wanting to put a bit of money into the performance on it, what would you all recommend i go for?

Cheers

Dean

I'd suggest you look in the picture gallery for the wheels, their's some nice R32 pictures with other alloys, 19" will fit but can cause rubbing issues.

See AMD web site for the UK's main R32 tuner. Stage 2,3 or 4 and a few more due if a couple of the boys on here have their way.

As a new owner and a new arrival. Hi ya beerchug.gif, well done and I would strongly suggest that you go through the last months worth of posts.

Numerous ref's to both the subjects that you would like more detail on. I'd look for you, but hey your big enough not to need a spoon tongue.gif

169144-ok.gif

Aye, BBS CH's indeed, and here she is:

DSCF1752.sized.jpg

smlove2.gif

As for the rubbing, it's nothing major. I does depend on the make of tyres you run. I had MPSII's on before (235/35ZR19's) and they did rub, but only when going over dips at speed. The current tyres are much better, but still rub a little, but only on the fronts.

HTH

Looks nice smile.gif

Are the arches rolled on that at all and could the rubbing be sorted with rolling / spaces?

As for the Black being faster, yeah, everyone knows this. But they also know that it just has a habbit of attracting dirt which of course weighs the car down smile.gif

Dean

Suspension is still stock. As for pressure, I run the same as the flap says & get even wear on all tyres.

Dave, I think the blue tinge is due to the sky colour & the setting I had the camera on, but I could be wrong. Either that, or I have a rather rare Carbon Black R32.

grin.gif

Cool thanx for that.

Just wondering as ive got 19s and wondered if you had changed suspension to get back to 'normal' handling, or have you not noticed the difference between 18s and 19s. Its just something Big John said to me whilst doing a day with drivetrain smile.gif.

Sorry mine is missing the sticker, so have left them as stealer pump them up, suppose i should get a new sticker, lol been lazy.

[ QUOTE ]

or have you not noticed the difference between 18s and 19s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually like the way it handles with the 19's on, but that could easily be a tyre thing. I've only driven the R32 with Michelin Pilot Sports in 18's. With 19's I've always had better tyres. I'm looking at getting a set of Aristo's in addition to the CH's soon, so that might change my thoughts though.

Pressure wise, iirc, 2.3 bar rear, 2.8 front, under normal loads.

Someone jump in & correct me if thats wrong.

beerchug.gif

Anyway, we've gone kinda off topic here.

i have a set of 19 inc RH AN Crosslines on my r which are a 8.5 J and a 30 offset. i am running a 225 / 35 rubber and ther fine, i also have a set of coilovers on. if i had a 235 tyre they would defo catch when fast cornering. I would go for a 225...... see pic, hey shao_khan i agree, i have just bought a set of Oettinger RZs which i will post some pics when they get back from the painters as i decided to have a two tone...as i have finally ditched the oz's so they will become my winter wheels........

post-4382-137914317015_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Also, wanting to put a bit of money into the performance on it, what would you all recommend i go for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your budget!

AmD Stage 2 for going faster (£950 + VAT) or go for Stage 3 or 4 laugh.gif if you can.

Neuspeed front strut braces top and bottom as well as uprated Neuspeed anti-roll bars and a Haldex upgrade all available from Awesome GTI and a couple of other UK importers (the Haldex is also available from AmD).

Most people on TsN know that I am not too bothered about modifying the look of my R32 (like 19s). As long as it goes like stink and handles better than the stock R that's fine by me...

Oh, and you might also want to be able to stop a bit better if you are upgrading the performance, so you could go for the ECS Tuning Porsche Cayenne Stage 5 conversion on the front and Stage 1 on the rear.

HTH

beerchug.gif