Insurance

Smudge

I've called Norwich Union today to amend my policy. Changed from 25kPA business use, to 10kpa, social only. They say there is no change in the cost.

EEK2.GIF Theiving feckers!!! £964.00 was step IMO already, 4yrs NCB, 3points from 3 years ago, I'm 31. It's going to cost me £57 to ditch the policy, so can anyone recomend another insurer? Same age driver to compare would be hulpful.

beerchug.gif

Just got my renewal off Admiral, it's gone up from £640 to £720 this year, and nothing about my circumstances has changed!

I've got another quote off Elephant at £564 now, so I'll use them.

I've just turned 34 and have an SP30 and an SP60, I do limit the mileage to 8k/year though (not that I'll ever do more than about 5k).

Edited to add: I put my dad on the policy too and that brought it down a fair bit(!). Also If I didn't have the points it was £435 with Elephant. smashfreakB.gif

Hmm, iirc, Bazza is / was with Admiral, and they advised him that no ff options are considered within the policy, so they only see the car as the "base" spec, regardless of it's state out of the factory. Which, with an R32 I guess is slightly irrelivent (sp) as we can't get a new one, but it put me off a little.

smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hmm, iirc, Bazza is / was with Admiral, and they advised him that no ff options are considered within the policy, so they only see the car as the "base" spec, regardless of it's state out of the factory. Which, with an R32 I guess is slightly irrelivent (sp) as we can't get a new one, but it put me off a little.

smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm odd as they ask if its modded including FF options. One thing is that any mods will only be replaced with OEM parts.... which is fair enough.

In saying that I've been messing with Egg.com for some quotes (as I cant get quotes on-line with Admiral as I'm already a policy holder) and they are coming out good too.

FQ-300 - £819

A3 Sportback 2.0l TQ Sline - £390 / TDi Sline - £320

M3 CSL - £618!!! EEK2.GIF

All fully comp, etc etc etc

Try First alternative. Admiral were charging me over £600 for my A3 3.2, FA reduced it to £400 exact same excess etc etc (35 yrs, full protected NCB). I had been with Admiral for 8 years and they admitted they couldn't get close.

Tried various brokers inc Confused and First Alternative worked out the cheapest. Seem pretty decent to deal with so far.

I'm with Adrian Flux - £720 with all mods declared.

I'm 27, Worcester postcode, parked on drive, 9 years NCB, Guaranteed no claims, 1 named driver, 1 SP30.

In the event of a claim all parts replaced are like--for-like.

However, I am not renewing with Adrian Sux again openfire.gif

Admiral were cheapest for me but wouldn't cover me when I had my windows tinted so after being with them for just 20 days I switched to Adrian Flux.