[Audi A3/S3] Door Sensor.

adeflowers

Anyone know how to fix a dodgy door sensor on S3? It keeps saying that the drivers door is open unless slammed several times, I may be been stupid but I can't obviously find the sensor/swith - maybe just needs some lube? Pain as it leaves the courtesy lights on etc.

Help appreciated as always. Ta.

Yep,

Mine too - same door, same problem. I find the interior lever is to fault. Pull it a couple of times to erradicate the lock confusion.

Intermitant faults are always the worst to get fixed by stealers - they just ain't go a clue!

Happened to me in the hot weather in May. My S3 is still under warranty and the whole door lock was replaced under warranty. Supposed to be a known and common problem with A3/S3.

Same time as I had my problem in May many people on the Audi-Sport forum also suffered with same problem.

Usually happens to mine if left in hot weather; can rectify itself if you leave the door open a bit or open it whilst you're pulling away to get a breeze in. If that doesn't work then you can press the reset button on the DIS to clear the warning and switch the overhead lights off!

Had the same problem with mine SAUER0421.GIF and you have to change the whole locking set up which means the door has to come apart and then the it all has to be rest as it is part of the alarm system. My friend at QR sport (www.qrsport.com) in cheshire did mine the part costs about 60 pounds sekret.gif (from a stealer dung.gif) plus the vat, then there was the fitting and reset so a fair sum to get it all working again but as it controls the interor lights and alarm it has to be done. bike.thumb.gif

• 5 years later...

dawn, well ill try that qrsport and see what they say, how much was it in total dougy?

by the way does anyone have a zuming on theyr speakers?

ive got the fullly bose system and around the same time i changed the oem radio it started to do some zuming down my speakers, now the summing is not laod but it pitches up as the revs go up, probably just the alternator?

Regards

by the way does anyone have a zuming on theyr speakers?

ive got the fullly bose system and around the same time i changed the oem radio it started to do some zuming down my speakers, now the summing is not laod but it pitches up as the revs go up, probably just the alternator?

This is a very common problem when swapping from an OE head unit to an aftermarket one, and is probably a ground loop. You need to add a ground loop isolator.

The head unit is generating audio signals referenced to the chassis at the dash but the amp is in the boot and referencing the audio signal to the chassis there - and they're not at the same potential.