S4 Milltek question

pablos4

I know quite a few of the S4 owners here have had a Milltek job. Has anyone just the Milltek cat back exhaust fitted, or has everyone had the full monty i.e. the sports cats as well?

Have been pondering but at £1600 can’t really justify the expense of the full system. My thinking was exhaust first, and then perhaps the AMD remap a little later taking it to AMD stage 2.

Then maybe sports cats in the future, and then after a lottery win the AMD Stage 2 Supercharger system 640bhp! EEK2.GIF)…

Would this be worthwhile, or should I be waiting to go for the full hit? Also I’m assuming non-resonated is the way to go too??

Cheers

It's worth changing to the Milltek for the exhaust note alone 169144-ok.gif

As for a remap, that depends on who you talk to, there have been very varied rumours of what they produce.

AMD claim full exhaust and remap give circa 390bhp when others say gains of 10 - 12 for the exhaust and 9 for the remap. Big differences, so it all depends what you are after, the noise difference is worth the exhaust cash on its own.

I've currently just got the cat back, Milltek sent down the wrong cats when I got mine fitted, but it does sound lovely. Hopefully I'll get the cats fitted over the next couple of weeks which should up the power a bit more.

I think most people go for the resonated system.

I've got the stage 3 resonated and love the sound, so does Daz!! yelrotflmao.gif

Interestingly AMD seem to have changed the power claims on their website. Mines be on their dyno and got 395bhp when their site suggested 400+.

Now their site says the stage 3 is good for 40+bhp.

With weigh it pulls well and sounds brilliant. At Bedford Autodrome someone said mine sounded like a Merlin Spitfire engine. That'll do me.

Thanks for the feedback guys 169144-ok.gif Am convinced the cat back at the very least is an essential mod! Interesting though to hear that resonated is the preferred route... I'm guessing the non-res is tooooo noisy?

So no-one been tempted by the AMD supercharger mod? Seems a snip at a mere £28K.... coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Daz, have the cats arrived yet?

When you've got them fitted you must be sure to let us know whether it was the pipes or the cats that made the biggest difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the RSPCA might have something to say about that.... coffee.gif

Thanks for that. My main concern is whether it drone's at all when cruising at say 80ish. It can make all the noise it want's when I'm pressing on.

I wasn't really sold on the idea until after the cab meet. After following 18ME around most of the day, the seed had been sown and now the only difficult thing is plucking up the courage to tell the wife. Perhaps I'll have to try the UBM approach!

its not a drone.. but it very much depends on your tolerance of sound..

at a constant speed its not bad.. but you can hear it..

but if you look at it the other way round... if you couldn't hear it you would complain that there is not much difference from the standard one...

so very much depends on what your after.

where are you in the Uk..?

if your local to Milltek they are sound guys and will offer assistance and maybe take you for a drive in their S4..to give you a better idea..

of if your local to me i don't mine taking you out so u can listen.. and im sure anyone else on here with one will help out also.

Thanks guys! That audio clip is so convincing. Standard really can't hold a candle to that!

I'm still mildly concerned about the cruising thing. I find standard lacks refinement compared to the 3.0. Never really quite sure what the extra noise is. Think it's as much tranmission as engine and it's certainly not exhaust. So a bit more exhaust may actually improve the melody during cruise.

If you want convincing speak to Daz. He was very happy with the noise from his S4 cab and delighted in letting everyone at the Essex meet hear it.....and then I did mine.

He's playing catch up but he's still not there yet!

Daz - where are you? What are your thoughts? the_finger.giftongue.gif