tyres

samsam

help help help, what kinda tyre does anyone recomend for the r32, ie who has used what and what do you think of em, also whats the deal with the vag line no more than 2mm difference beetween tyres or fit a full set? cheers for any help wi this

Welcome to TsN samsam! 169144-ok.gif

Same depth of tread on both wheels on the same axle - i.e. fronts should match and rears should match. Swap them front to rear after you have 4mm or so left on the front. I don't do this and the car hasn't suffered to date.

You should also run the same make all round.

I run Michelin Pilot Sport 2's but will be changing to Goodyear Eagle F1's after these one wear out, based on a couple of reviews in the R32 forum - run a search (bottom of the screen) for Goodyear - should come up with some results.

If you want mega sticky, try Pirelli P-Zero Corsa's - fantastic grip, but they only last about 5,000 miles if you drive "enthusiastically".

HTH

beerchug.gif

Bridgestone Potenza RE050As.... not the best looking tread but super good in both wet and dry.... oh and fitted to the Enzo as standard when it leaves factory! smile.gif

Better on wear than the F1s, good pricing as well, but people prefer the F1s as they have the look as well as the performance!!

smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Better on wear than the F1s, good pricing as well, but people prefer the F1s as they have the look as well as the performance!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives a monkeys what they look like..?! Some people obviously. As long as they do the job right, who cares!

ECLIPSe.gif

I have been very impressed by the F1's before them I have had both MPS1's and 2's and found them both poor with a constant 'cold' feeling to them. The F1's are far more sticky. Having said this I have heard the Rosso's are best so I will be trying them next. 169144-ok.gif

Would make a tiny bit of difference, if at all, to the handling. If you're running 18's, you'll need to keep the same profile, or you'll find the speedo is out and the car accelerates a bit quicker (the wheel and tyre combo effectively makes a smaller circle).

What size and profile do/did you run on your 19 BBS wheels Al?

[ QUOTE ]

Would nyone care to advise how a lower profile tyre on the Aristo's would perform / affect the handling? Say 225/35 instead of 40's.

[/ QUOTE ]

on my new 2nd set of 18 inc oettinger alloys i'm going to be running 225/35 rubber....so i will let you know what there like.....should be better as the will be less rubber thus less roll i guess.....

Im currently using Goodyear F1's too.

Wet weather grip is simply astonishing

Dry weather grip is almost as good.

Noise and ride levels are much better than the original Pilot Sports that were standard fit.

However these tyres don't allow for enough slip, which makes the car feel slightly understeery. It's near impossible to kick the tail out, whereas I was almost always able to slide the tail when I had the Pilot Sports.

Give and Take I guess, you can't have it all!

My mate's running his R32 with Dunlop Sports SP something(7000?? I think), and I was able to drift the ass out. Dry weather grip seems just as good as the F1's.

Not tried them in the wet, so I cant comment.

[ QUOTE ]

My mate's running his R32 with Dunlop Sports SP something(7000?? I think),

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran those on the Lemon towards the end of it's life with me. Have to admit, I found them a darn site better than the MPS's, but I was also giving the car beans & generally having as much fun as I possibly could, but only had them on for a couple of weeks, so I only really played in the wet (it was winter). But still, not a bad set of boots, if you can get them at a good price.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

My mate's running his R32 with Dunlop Sports SP something(7000?? I think),

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran those on the Lemon towards the end of it's life with me. Have to admit, I found them a darn site better than the MPS's, but I was also giving the car beans & generally having as much fun as I possibly could, but only had them on for a couple of weeks, so I only really played in the wet (it was winter). But still, not a bad set of boots, if you can get them at a good price.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got our tyres fitted for £109 each inc.

I chose F1's

he chose Dunlops

I think that was a fair price right?

I've had several changes of tyre....

1.Stock M's.......overall a reasonable tyre.

2.Dunlop SP9000...better than the MPS's

3.F1's...excellent in the dry....shocking in the wet...

3.Pirelli Rosso's..my current choice, can't fault them, reasonable in the dry and provide confidence in the wet.

...but what next.

169144-ok.gif

rigt guys thanks for all your replys, decided on a set of yokohama prada 2's, seems to be a well sticky tire had to use a crowbar to get them out the back of the delivery van, and not too badly priced, will post once i know how good they are in the real world of scottish roads and weather, cheers