What make are the tyres on your car?

NewNiceMrMe

Who's best ?  

1. 1. Who's best ?

• Jane - that strip in space is amazing
    • Marilyn - that dress with the wind blowing up it - wow!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

4 Conti Contact thingys all round.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've owened my car for about 3 months now and I had no idea what make was on my XC90 smile.gif But i've just gone and looked, and they are the above tyre (continental conticontactcont, or something stupid like that). 235/60 R18's, they sound expensive !

Pirelli Rosso thingies on the A4 , Seem ok wearing well @ 9k.

Michelin Pilot Exalto's on the Clio (my choice) Fantastic ! Suit the car so well , I had a 2nd "winter" set of wheels on the car untill last week and the Pilots have transformed the drive grin.gif

But after the F1 feck up I might just go for Bridgestones or Conti's on the A4 next - Just out of spite.

BUB openfire.gif

post-5262-137914317579_thumb.jpg

Yokohama for me. All four needed changing when I bought it and agreed that I`d go 50/50 on the cost with the garage I bought the car from. Offered a choice of Yokohama, Falken and some cheap budget make. So, I went with the most expensive option and chose Yokohama smile.gif

Before that [the tyres I had them take off] it was Marangoni.

[ QUOTE ]

Pirelli Rosso thingies on the A4 , Seem ok wearing well @ 9k.

Michelin Pilot Exalto's on the Clio (my choice) Fantastic ! Suit the car so well , I had a 2nd "winter" set of wheels on the car untill last week and the Pilots have transformed the drive grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I crashed an MG ZS on Exaltos - totally didn't suit the car, felt squidgy, complete lack of feel. Wasn't happy with them from the second they were put on. I don't doubt the tyres, just that they didn't suit the car.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Goodyear GSD-3's 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You had a good experience with these then?

What did you have before and how do they compare for wear, grip, road noise, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Had Potenza's before (from factory I think).

They had about 18,000 miles on them when I changed them and were right down to the limit, so that may affect my overall view.

The GSD's just seem to offer much more grip, especially in the wet. The have done about 8000 miles now and are hardly showing any signs of wear.

If you do get some - just note that I was advised to scrub them in for a couple of hundred miles.

An alternative to consider is the Toyo Proxes T1-R's