645 conv. vs M3 CSL

Brabus

Ooo, tell me more. I would have thought you'd have made quite a meal of the 645 in the CSL (unless the 645 was in Drive-Sport gear and Sport throttle mode plus bang in the middle of it's power band to begin with which would certainly make the first 7-9 seconds of acceleration very rapid).

Ok, maybe not destroyed it, but certainly left him with a lot of food for thought and been clearly pulling away without too much problem.

I've never had the displeasure of watching someone leave me at the 155 limit because I've never hit it in the 6 (or anywhere near it with only 1,000 miles on the clock!). That moment will arise on a lonely quiet stretch of road one day perhaps. Private of course. sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ooo, tell me more.

[/ QUOTE ]

T'was yesterday afternoon/evening driving back from the south of France on a relatively quiet motorway between Avignon and Lyon. Was pootling along at about 100 mph when a black 645 convertible with xenon's appeared very quickly behind me. I pulled over and let him pass but was quite annyoed when he slowed down and stayed infront of me. (Am quite wary of stone chips to the bumper just having had the bumper re-sprayed)

At the next long straight I slowed, let him pull away slightly before blipping down into fourth and starting to accelerate. He noticed I was gaining fast and saw the rear of his car squat down as he increased speed too.

As I started to pull level on him our speeds were pretty much even up till 150 - 155 mph and then his limiter cut in and he disappeared backwards.... blush.gif

I think he was pretty surprised to see my humble 3 series passing at that sort of speed and he didn't bother me after that... laugh.gif

I'd be very pissed off if someone overtook me and slowed down for the same reasons - stone chips. Especially at that speed.

He must have surely spotted that yours was a CSL? If not, or if he thought he could outrun you, then he was a much of a dick as he sounds for slowing down in the first place!