New Polo

Clembo

Hi there, the wife has just placed an order with her local VW dealer for a new shape 1.4S Polo. Can anyone tell me if anyone has bought one and what their experiences are so far? And also what is the difference between the latest model and the previous model part from the bodyshell. Thank you

Had one as a loan car from my local VW dealer when my car was in for a service, although it was a 1.4TDI. Build quality felt better than the previous model and it went really well. The engines are basically the same as the previous models - it's mainly the look of the thing that's been changed - for the better imo. 169144-ok.gif

Clembo. Bought a 1.9TDi Sport for Mrs TP as at 1 September. I think it's brilliant. Speedy wee motor and getting 40+mpg even with my right foot!! Front lights, grill and rear end have all been altered and we got the 16" BBS alloys on it. Good stereo, added Bluetooth phone kit and iPod connection and all in all I'd say it's a solid buy. Two things I do not like :-

1) Storage on top of dash has poor fitting lid.

2) I'd like the drivers seat to go lower.

These are minor issues and I cannot fault the build quality, no squeeks or rattles!! 169144-ok.gif TP.

547232-DVC00014.JPG

post-3262-137914325586_thumb.jpg

Agreed, even in Sport form, it is a solid feeling car though. The GTi will be really interesting (not sure what engine it's getting though?). The new Polo is roomy too, I can even get my golf clubs in the boot!! Same dimensions (almost) as the Mk2 golf no less!! 169144-ok.gif TP.

Thanks for the response guys. The wife picked her car up last night and seems to be very impressed with it. Though there was one downer .... we did not realise the S model did not come with remote locking as standard! Only as an option for £260. Considering we've paid nearly 10k for a car which we can get cheaper like a 206 or Clio (she did have a 206) We thought its a bit mean by VW not to have remote locking as standard across the range. Which leads to my next question .. how easy would the option be to add at a dealership? Or is this something that is done at the factory when building? Cheers