Flash Car Cleaner

stewarta13wsb

My search found a couple of posts about this kit but things like "it just smells like Fairy Liquid" and no actual proof - more feelings I guess you'd call them.

I bought one a while ago but haven't used it on the new Audi yet, mainly because of the negative comments, but one of my pre-purchase questions was 'are you absolutely certain that it won't strip off wax' and I was assured it wouldn't. It seemed to make a nice job of my last car (which was black) as an 'in between proper washes' type of thing, and it would be handy over the winter when a quick wash off of salt will be essential. So...

Does anybody have the facts rather than the feelings? Is there anything more scientific out there than 'it smells like Fairy so it must be Fairy' grin.gif

I think most soaps and detergents will have similar ingredients... if you don't like thier soap, use another!

They are a company that has huge resources to put into products like this, so I would assume its pretty good... after all, if they can't get a car soap right, who can?

The bit that I find interesting is the water purifier... no doubt about it, you get better results with pure H2O.

However, I did ask the question about water softeners of a chemist - I really didn't understand the answer which had something to do with PH levels, they change the ph level to make the minerals drop out of the water. I understand that softened water is actually a bad thing to put on your car and can cause water spots.

I have used it quite a bit and I think its great.

The car is clean very clean in fact and the water just falls off it. I regularly wax my car and using the Flash cleaner makes the inbetween washes really quick and with great results. I don't leather it off and it looks great. Perfect no but it does do a good job.

I used to valet cars years ago and am well aware of whats good and bad, its not perfect but its quick does an above average job and if your in a hurry is well worth using it. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

My search found a couple of posts about this kit but things like "it just smells like Fairy Liquid" and no actual proof - more feelings I guess you'd call them.

I bought one a while ago but haven't used it on the new Audi yet, mainly because of the negative comments, but one of my pre-purchase questions was 'are you absolutely certain that it won't strip off wax' and I was assured it wouldn't. It seemed to make a nice job of my last car (which was black) as an 'in between proper washes' type of thing, and it would be handy over the winter when a quick wash off of salt will be essential. So...

Does anybody have the facts rather than the feelings? Is there anything more scientific out there than 'it smells like Fairy so it must be Fairy' grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a thread on here with nothing but priase for this product. I've used it EVERY time, on my car and my wifes. Nothing else brings out the red on my A4 like this does. I am not going to prove facts, but would definately buy another one if this one broke.

I still use other products to add wax and polish on top every other wash, but this does make washing cars a 30 minute affair, rather than all bloody morning.

It's well worth it in my opinion. People who live near me who complained about it not working - were not using it right and hadn't followed the instructions. When I showed them where they were going wrong, they were much happier and all but one of them are now using them.

And it only smells like Fairy, if you're putting Fairy into it. It does not smell like Fairy to me. crazy.gif

I'd still say it's not worth it - it saves me perhaps 15 minutes washing time and doesn't give better results. Plus the chap who told me what the content is works for a chemical company who make all sorts of cleaning products (car, janitorial etc) - so he's kinda qualified to tell me what's in it!

I use it with Meguiars shampoo and still get spotting on glass which defeats the object IMHO

[ QUOTE ]

I use it with Meguiars shampoo and still get spotting on glass which defeats the object IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

.... but will that not be because there is something in their 'special' shampoo which works with the equally 'special' rinse? (I'm sure I read that somewhere - and also when you miss a bit with shampoo the rinse effect isn't the same)

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure TBH - but it's simply dionised or filtered water isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The drying part is, but the shampoo isn't your ordinary one. I've shown this to a chemist-friend too and they explained it, but I think I fell asleep listening. SLEEP5.GIF

Anyway, if you mix the cleaning process with other products, you're wasting your time. You're not supposed to use other products as this will affect the "mix".

I've used it on 4 different cars now and each one comes up shining, with no spotting. I then add other wax or polish products on top to give it a deep shine.

I really can't see how people get washing part wrong or end up with spots - it's so simple. confused.gif

You are cleaning the car is small sections aren't you?

Sparky the whole 'magic' process is simply based upon using deionised or pure water, as a final rinse, something valeters have been doing for years, far before the flash kit was ever thought of. Its irrelevant what shampoo you use as long as you rinse it all off with the pure water.

You will get exactly the same results by using say NXT shampoo and throwing a few buckets of deionised water over the car bought from tesco!

[ QUOTE ]

Sparky the whole 'magic' process is simply based upon using deionised or pure water, as a final rinse, something valeters have been doing for years, far before the flash kit was ever thought of. Its irrelevant what shampoo you use as long as you rinse it all off with the pure water.

You will get exactly the same results by using say NXT shampoo and throwing a few buckets of deionised water over the car bought from tesco!

[/ QUOTE ]

You see I don't think it is just the de-ionised water. I have used it a few times and it has just dried clean with no use of the de-ionised water at all. And I could never say that for a miriad of different products I have used in the past.

My car comes up shining looking great and with very little need if no need to leather it off. But only if you use it properly. Try and do the car in one whole lump and it just doesn't work well at all.

I still enjoy doing the car in the normal way sometimes. But washing in winter will be a joy with this without getting my hands into blocks of ice leathering it off. 169144-ok.gif

• 5 months later...

We live in a hard water area so I was keen to see how it would work. My old car was black and using the Flash system left no water marks if it was used properly. There was no need for drying off.

This weekend, I washed my wife's (red) car with the Flash shampoo because it was all I had, having run out of the usual stuff. I didn't use the Flash system, just washed using the Karcher and then then with a bucket and sponge. Didn't dry the car off, didn't use deionised water... and strangely, there didn't appear to be any water spots either.

But I agree, it is the deionised water that prevents the majority of spotting - simple chemistry explains that.