Stage 4 VF Supercharger

Decked

I'm wanting to get hold of the sound clips too, i'm hoping Helfinger will provide some of those. I'm going for the stage I too, then towards the summer i'll upgrade to stage II provided the SC doesn't sound like a bag of bolts on tickover. I have heard loads of them in the states and they sound like bearings knocking on tickover but once reved they sound lovely, anyone else know what i'm talking about??? Can you explain why you have the noise?

[ QUOTE ]

where is the link for the sound clips?

Pleeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeee

[/ QUOTE ]

Helfinger has promised to load up some sound clips when he gets the car running sweet as a nut. I think it's being tweaked again at AmD, as it's the first one to be done in the UK, so Helf is our "Beta Tester"...

I think we just need to be patient waiting for him to get it back and spanked up to 175mph... EEK2.GIF

Just checked the www.vf-engineering.com site for info on the Stage 3 and 4 - still not there frown.gif

But feck! 500 bhp project car running at 17 psi. 17 PSI!!!.

The standard R32 engine should withstand 365+ bhp with a Stage 2 conversion and revised cams without any problems, but I think you'll have to spend a shed load of cash to get the engine to withstand anything between 400 and 500 bhp.

So it'll probably be an extra $6000 for the Stage 3 conversion and another £.......... on a ground up engine rebuild.

The Stage 2 s/c conversion is a worthwhile investment i.m.o., but there comes a point where it just starts to get really, really stupid... EEK2.GIF

A link to the Vortex thread would be great thanks VR6fanatic 169144-ok.gif

If the car was dyno'd on two wheels, as long as the correction took proper account of this to give a flywheel bhp then it should be a real readout. Still a mental amount of bhp to run in a Golf... EEK2.GIF

There's no correction. It's horsepower *at the wheels* which is

what the dyno measures directly and all that really matters. If

you want some idea of crank hp, take what you see

in the dyno and divide by 0.85 (aboug 15% drivetain loss at the

front wheels).

And VF stage IV is not exactly "out". It's not in production

and it may never be. Sorta like EIP's Stage IV. Just proof

of concept.

ian

Disagree on the 15% Daemon. The R32 loses around 87 bhp through the drivetrain. That's a shed-load more than 15% of 237 bhp!

"Correction" as in for air density and humidity - can make a 2-3% difference in the flyhweel reading, which is a lot when you're pushing 500+ bhp. 169144-ok.gif