BBS Alloys

Decked

I orders a set of 19" BBS alloys with a set of Continental tyres that arrived today. However the tyres weren’t Continental and the alloys were in a state. I looked at one and couldn't believe it. I've never curbed an alloy and despite the abuse I give mine these NEW ones were in a worse state. So I immediately phoned up the company I ordered them through (granted it's not their fault as they came direct from BBS EEK2.GIF) And I’m expecting a phone call tomorrow to get it sorted out.

Anyway, I went out to get a bike lock to secure them in the garage and because I hadn't even unboxed the other 3 I took a look. One had a huge dent in the side, another was covered in brake dust on the inside (they had tried to clean it but it was a poor job) and the other looked new!!! What are they playing at? Have any of you guys experienced this with BBS? And suggestions appreciated....

[ QUOTE ]

I hope they have just made a mistake. I know they are common but down here i haven't seen them on any other car so i decided to go for th CH's. I think they suit the car quite well and my sister said she'd have them for her Mk5 Gti when i want to get rid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although she would obviously need adaptors to make them fit unless the wheel is multi fitment.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope they have just made a mistake. I know they are common but down here i haven't seen them on any other car so i decided to go for th CH's. I think they suit the car quite well and my sister said she'd have them for her Mk5 Gti when i want to get rid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although she would obviously need adaptors to make them fit unless the wheel is multi fitment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they would be the same fitment. O well, any way i've decided to have them returned and i'm going to go to a wheel shop and have a set fitted, thought i was being clever and saving a few quid but i don't think it's worth it now!!!!

Here a re a few pics of the wheels, you can see one of them is new!!!! Sorry about the size.

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel3.jpg

wheel4.jpg

wheel5.jpg

wheel6.jpg

wheel7.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought they would be the same fitment.

[/ QUOTE ]

No R32 is MK4 - 5x100 pcd and MK5 is 5x112 pcd - so holes will be in the wrong places.

Cant believe seeing those pictures they were sold as new wheels - I'd be ashamed to sell them second hand!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, i didn't know that, thanks. I was going to try and rob her 18" for a while!!! Won't bother now.....

[ QUOTE ]

That is pretty poor - did you get them from BBS Direct as was considering a set from there myself ?

Thansk

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered them through someone else and he has told me that they were being sent from BBS. I'm starting to have doubts as when I was packing it all back up, the box with the wheel in, has FOX WHEELS written on them???? I can’t confirm this however as the tyres may have been put on by someone else, but good news, a courier is coming back to pick up the wheels and I’m getting a full refund.

They did look good sitting next to the car though.....

wheelnext.jpg

I held back on the order for the Bilstein PSS9's after I spoke to Helfinger, as he runs the V2s as well, although I was more tempted by the fully adjustable V3s with the external reservoirs.

Am now stuck on this, while I wait to go out in an .:R32 with the V2s fitted.

The one thing I want to steer clear of is lowering the car, living in the sticks and all...

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I held back on the order for the Bilstein PSS9's after I spoke to Helfinger, as he runs the V2s as well, although I was more tempted by the fully adjustable V3s with the external reservoirs.

Am now stuck on this, while I wait to go out in an .:R32 with the V2s fitted.

The one thing I want to steer clear of is lowering the car, living in the sticks and all...

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had any trouble yet.....

Here is a pic of my Gti 16V on 18's lowered as much as possible, i used to have trouble with this thing...

DSC00123.jpg

How weird. I came from virtually same Mk3 16v to the R32 as you Decked! Is that Mystic Pearl? I'm with you Charles on not actually lowering the car too much but improving the handling. Used to scrape the Mk3 everywhere. Had my first scrape in the R but fortunately it was the bottom of the LCR splitter and to be fair I was visiting a building site with the mother of all speed depressions (2 speed bumps that didn't meet in the middle).