iTunes / MP3's

Busby

Thinking of getting a pair of Oakley thump galsses for snowboarding but all of my music is in iTunes and to get the music into the glasses it needs to be an MP3 and you just drag and drop it from the Windows Media file into the glasses memory.

Wondering how I get a song from iTunes into MP3 so I can put it on the glasses. Would it work to burn the songs from iTunes to cdr and then save them from the cdr into Windows Media?

yeah but only if u burn them as an audio cd that works in normal cd players, and that means u can only fit about 20 songs on each disc so it would take a long time... i'm pretty sure iTunes has a .wma to .aac converter so WMP might possibly have the opposite, but knowing microsoft, i doubt it.

I also use iTunes and needed to convert my aac files to mp3 for my mobile phone and it's really easy. Obviously, the best method is to re-rip your music, but who can be bothered to do that, especially for a mere phone.

So, do this:

[ QUOTE ]

<ul type="square">To convert music files from one format (e.g. AAC) to another (e.g. MP3):

[*]Open iTunes

[*]Click on iTunes – Preferences

[*]Click on the Importing button at the top of the window

[*]From the Import Using pop-up menu, click on the encoding format (AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, WAV) to which you want to convert your music files

[*]Click on OK to save the settings

[*]Select one or more songs in your iTunes library to convert (Command-Click to select specific individual files or Shift-Click to select files in a row)

[*]Click on Advanced – Convert Selection to... (the format you selected in preferences above is displayed)

A copy of the file (or files) will be created in the new format

[/ QUOTE ]

Then just copy and paste the files to wherever you need them.

[ QUOTE ]

I also use iTunes and needed to convert my aac files to mp3 for my mobile phone and it's really easy. Obviously, the best method is to re-rip your music, but who can be bothered to do that, especially for a mere phone.

So, do this:

[ QUOTE ]

<ul type="square">To convert music files from one format (e.g. AAC) to another (e.g. MP3):

[*]Open iTunes

[*]Click on iTunes – Preferences

[*]Click on the Importing button at the top of the window

[*]From the Import Using pop-up menu, click on the encoding format (AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless, MP3, WAV) to which you want to convert your music files

[*]Click on OK to save the settings

[*]Select one or more songs in your iTunes library to convert (Command-Click to select specific individual files or Shift-Click to select files in a row)

[*]Click on Advanced – Convert Selection to... (the format you selected in preferences above is displayed)

A copy of the file (or files) will be created in the new format

[/ QUOTE ]

Then just copy and paste the files to wherever you need them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You da man 169144-ok.gif