Sauerkraut and rice

Rachel

From this afternoon.

I got to meet the owner of the black R - he's had it brought up from Adelaide with 4K on the clock, has done the mods I have, has also done the sportier coilover suspension - he didn't say anything about the ECU mapping though.

Note the hot japanese only Camry parked next to me (some turbo monster) - and the nice comparison of the black MkIV R32 next to the MKV GTi. Looking at the GTi from the RHS - you couldn't tell there was a R32 parked next to it. It is a noticeably bigger car.

I also like the "big cans" on the GTR and Supra - which were the only visible non-stock options on these cars.

642294-spot.jpg

642294-spot0.jpg

642294-spot1.jpg

642294-spot2.jpg

642294-spot3.jpg

642294-spot4.jpg

642294-spot5.jpg

post-4885-13791433811_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah, you're wrong fella - I had an R34GTR and I thought what you did.

I was quite bluntly corrected when I went to a Skyline meet in Sydney. The original Godzilla name was actually given to the R32 after it completely bolloxed all the other cars in the Bathurst races yelrotflmao.gif

No idea.

I just like the fact it was always quote at 276BHP!

So, 1060 Kg Evo 0.60 4.9s

1780Kg GTR, 0.60 4.9s

Both with the same power output grin.gif Yeah, right grin.gif

Mine RR'oaded at 328BHP at the wheels - all standard bar the Nismo exhaust system. Not bad I thought.

It went a bit.

[ QUOTE ]

hmm.. the R34 looks awesome though. i love the 4wd system on the skylines more than nything. IMO the only system to rival quattro in terms of driveability.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a road about 10km from me where Quattros, haldex'd VWs, Scooby-doos and the odd EVO play that has killed 3 Skylines that were AWD. The geometry of the corner, power delivery, drive transfer and (probably the lack of) driver skill saw Godzillas die embarrassing deaths. Apparently the torque transfer did something evil to the cars when they were powering through it.

I haven't heard the EXACT reason, but saw the 3 wrecks with my own eyes.

The corner has since been re-done, and I've heard of no bad "offs" for a year or 2.

The skyline was weird - I didn't have mine that long but I'd never managed to get it to misbehave confused.gif

This is I think not a good thing - I like to know how my car feels when it's getting unstable... Never got that with the '34.

Managed it with the S3 - boring boring understeer - and the RS4 (Rather surprising oversteer! Just as Colin grin.gif) etc.

Skyline - never even managed to get it to squeal round a wet roundabout. I did manage (quite regularly!) to get loads of of weird Japanese symbols flashing on the screen though - maybe one of them was something like 'you're about to go through a hedge'.

I loved a quote from the manual (Translated from Japanese!):

[ QUOTE ]

Remember, the computer is not a replacement for stupidity

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

From this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Stunning scenery, weather and cars. Mountains in the distance, blue sky and little white clouds: looks like something out of Lotus Turbo Challenge II. Hard to imagine it being summer where you are on the other side of the globe. Freezing temperatures and 3:45pm sunset here for us at present. With 10 days holiday over Christmas, I wish I could jump on a plane and visit...

Ian

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

From this afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Stunning scenery, weather and cars. Mountains in the distance, blue sky and little white clouds: looks like something out of Lotus Turbo Challenge II. Hard to imagine it being summer where you are on the other side of the globe. Freezing temperatures and 3:45pm sunset here for us at present. With 10 days holiday over Christmas, I wish I could jump on a plane and visit...

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

This one was taken the day before - the location is the drive down to the Australian Govenor General's residence, which happens to be bounded by the snobbiest golf club in the ACT. smile.gif

Temperature was about 25C, and the wind was high, which is why we picked this more sheltered spot for some pics.

642319-me_car_1205b.jpg

I personally think that the inside of a car is more important than the outside. If its a good driver, and good to be in - its a good car. doesn't need supercar looks to be good. I personally like the idea of the new pug 407 coupe 3.0GT, they say its a great drive and well appointed, but looks bad. i like the looks. so meh. Not a scooby fan myself. just not an evo.