60GB iPod Video

UBM

Well, great bit of kit.

Put my entire CD collection on and its not even half full yet. Thats 50 days of music!

Have downloaded a video (Rachel Stevens MY LAX) and the screen resolution is fantastic.

You need iTunes v6 for the auto video down load to iPod to work successfully.

Now working on a way to download DVD and TV to the iPod.

Well worth the money as I can put all my digital photo archive on there too!

Bought some leads to connect it up to the TV and stereo, althogh until I get the DVD side of things sorted...

Hi UBM, the ipod "with video" is an excellent bit of kit,had an ipod ilinked the car now for over a rear now,first with the u2 20 g ipod and now since its release the 60g video one,cant fault it in anyway! well maybe in one...try having a film on (e.g star wars 3) when your driving! DANGEROUS AND NOT RECOMENDED!

Anyway as to getting video onto your ipod...well there are numerous routes you can take...

itunes,can start to cost after a while and choice is pretty limited to music vds and pixar shorts and the odd trailer.

bit torrent sites...excellent and alot of stuff is ready to d/l and put straight to ipod,

and finally a prog to format to ipod setup.

try videora (free unlike the one apple offers)- http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

and for lots of usual full guides and helps try the ilounge forums - http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthread.php?s=6f6f86112fa85d7a43c19dcc821c0d5b&threadid=123067

I ve converted plenty of stuff and have found certain recodes to work with different settings on videora,if ya get stuck pm me..)

Regards.

Why not get a psp instead, you can play games, watch movies, and listen to mp3s too!! Has a bigger screen (which is made for widescreen, whereas the ipod video isn't), okay there's no dock available for the car yet but you can't have everyhting!!

I bought a PSP a couple of days ago and I hate to admit it, but I really like it!

I haven't tried it yet, but I think it'll be more suited to watching films than the iPod is. As for music - even though I got the Giga pack, there just isn't enough storage to use it as a portable music device.

Having said that, I have ripped a few CDs to it for those times when I don't want to play a game. But I've had to use 128Kbps mp3s instead of my usual 320Kbps AAC, due to the space constraints.

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't tried it yet, but I think it'll be more suited to watching films than the iPod is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the free copy of Spiderman 2 and with the right software you can put DVD's re-compressed onto Memory Sticks

[ QUOTE ]

As for music - even though I got the Giga pack, there just isn't enough storage to use it as a portable music device.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just have a 512MB Memory Stick in my W800i and use that for listening to music if I'm walking somewhere, hell I used to use my K700 and that only had about 40MB of internal memory suicide.gif

PSP is too big to be a portable music player though for me.

I'm somewhat spoilt for choice when it comes to portable media devices. grin.gif

I have an iPod for music in the car, which can also be used while on foot. But I don't tend to listen to music while out on foot and definitely not whilst cycling - too dangerous. bike.thumb.gif I also have the leads to plug it into a hi-fi/TV if required.

I also have the leads required to use the iPod as a backup device for digital photos and the screen is surprisingly good for viewing pictures.

I can now use the PSP to view photos too, but as far as I'm aware the only way to get photos onto it is by using a PC, in advance. (I don't need a PC for the iPod as I have the USB adapter.)

I have the software to enable me to convert DVDs to PSP format, but I haven't used it yet and beyond experimenting/playing, I'm not sure I'll ever use it that way due to the cost of their memory sticks. (It annoys me that these companies can't get together and agree on one memory format. sportifs2.gif More money for them I guess. dung.gif)

Having music capability on the PSP will be convenient if I'm out and about and don't want to play a game. Assuming I have the headphones with me. smirk.gif

But I also have an SPV C550 mobile phone with a 1gb memory card, which has some music on it too. I always have my phone with me, so I'm more likely to use this as a portable music device. (But again, I don't routinely carry the headphones with me. smashfreakB.gif)

As you can see, I enjoy buying gadgets. grin.gif

They all have their uses and limitations - but can you imagine carrying all of them at the same time? yelrotflmao.gif

All this got me thinking about memory cards.

Canon: Compact Flash

Pentax: Secure Digital

PSP: Memory Stick

C550: mSD

iPod: Hard Drive

Makes buying and carrying spares a nightmare in itself. smashfreakB.gif