How fast is your PC

Thorburn

[ QUOTE ]

Just ordered one of those babies, you'll have to let me know how they perform

[/ QUOTE ]

What motherboard you putting it in?

Using a 955XBK until our 975XBX boards arrive and having a few bios issues (although the bios on the board is one I know isn't a very good revision) but got a 950 Engineering Sample (so basically an XE without HTT) thats going into my home system tomorrow wink.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the spec

Intel® Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition 955 w/ HT Technology 3.46GHz 1066MHz FSB 4MB Cache

XP Pro with sp2

1 year RTB warranty

Blue Chassis

Liuquid cooling with Alienice 2.0 video cooling system

4Gb Dual Channel RAM

Dual 512MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GTX - SLI Enabled

Hard Drives - 2x74Gb Serial ATA 10,000 rpm (NON RAID)

Hard Drive 2 - 500Gb Seria ATA-II 3GB 7,200rpm

Optical Drive 1 - Premium Dual layer

Optical Drive 2 - 16/48x IDE DVD-ROM Drive - Black - w/Software MPEG-2 Decoder

Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi XtremeMusic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yes I know it says 6GHz, CPU-Z gets confused with engineering samples when you adjust the multiplier smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Be careful that you don't break any NDA's James! 169144-ok.gif

We get engineering samples too... but not just from your boys! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

NDA was lifted with product launch on the 15th smile.gif

Now thats impressive, best i'd seen was over 4Ghz on an overclock. Fortunately my system will be liquid cooled so will push it to 4 or just a little over wink.gif

Think i've made the best choice over the FX60, that was struggling to get to 3Ghz...and before you start yes i know its not all about frequencies.

I use vmware so the 955 chip was the way to go laugh.gif

Got a pair set up in the lab at the moment, leaving them both stress testing overnight.

Zalman CNPS-7700 system is running at 4.26GHz

Vapochill XE-II is running 4.8GHz

Unfortunately the D955XBK motherboard I'm using at the moment has some issues so its not entirely stable at 5GHz but once my D975XBX's arrive that should be easy 169144-ok.gif

Watercooling and a little tweaking with an nForce 4 board should see 4.26-4.5 with no trouble smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Pah...try 8 (yes, eight) of these hyperthreading babies in a machine...and check the RAM at the bottom....I just gave CPU-Z a little try in a room not to far from my office....

674624-NEO_image2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think with all that mahoosive power it would be able to cope with more than 256 colours... wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Pah...try 8 (yes, eight) of these hyperthreading babies in a machine...and check the RAM at the bottom....I just gave CPU-Z a little try in a room not to far from my office....

674624-NEO_image2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think with all that mahoosive power it would be able to cope with more than 256 colours... wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.gif

seriously, what are you using it for, some form of database?

Nope they are excellent chips IMO.

Intel have been having supply problems with their chipsets recently which might have more people going to AMD than ever before. Even majors in the US like Gateway have got AMDs in each product line now.

HP / IBM etc also all now have servers with the Opterons in them, lower energy costs and more powerful chips.. music to corporates ears. 169144-ok.gif