Fault code help please (VW Bora 115PD)

banny

first one I am not familiar with.

second one Either your MAF is Knackered, or unplugged

MAF is the sensor in or down stream from the airbox. it measures air flow into the engine.

It may be worth clearing the faults first and seeing if they come back, certainly before spending any money.

Its always possible that they have been fixed already, or the situation has ceased

well car is down on power.

its alright until you hit 3000-4000 revs, then loose's power, so have to turn ignition off to get it to return to normal.

Its Ok if you drive it steady, which is OK, but we like abit of grunt dont we.

Have tried putting some dialectric grease on connection to see if it is any better.

It is no better is you unplug the MAF, its worse if anything.

Wont clear codes until it is properly sorted.

BTW my friend has just bought this car.

Your boost is going higher than the ECU limit is the first code, When this happens the car goes into limp home mode untill you switch the ignition off and on again. Just have a look in the VW tech section for lack of power and the maf and VNT/N75 problems are all answered in there!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the stealer seems to think the turbo needs changing, reckon he is abit of guesser myself, same man did alot of guessing with the head gasket problem I had on my Passat.

My friend took it to someone else, he sais cant be turbo as you would have no pull at all.

Had faults cleared and got same fault, this is after changing MAF for a new one.

Tobes, is there more than one fault for overboosting?

I used to get "Charge pressure: Upper limit exceeded".

What I learnt from that was that even if the car told you it was overboosting, that doesn't necessarily mean it was wink.gif Turned out I had a holed hose and it couldn't measure boost properly smile.gif

Charge pressure: Upper limit exceeded

thats when the ECU reads it gone above the boost limit.

Charge pressure: postive devation

that when the boost is too high for a set point in the rev range. For example in the midrange it looking for 8psi (the cars limit is 15psi) but it reading 13psi, the boost is to high for that point in the rev range but not exceeded the boost limit.

Thats postive devation and you can also have negative devation. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What I learnt from that was that even if the car told you it was overboosting, that doesn't necessarily mean it was wink.gif Turned out I had a holed hose and it couldn't measure boost properly smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thst should log a negative deavtion fault code, Cause it looking for a set boost and not getting it. 169144-ok.gif

Well had the springs done by VW last night and took a look at VNT and it is well jammed.

The mechanic sais even if you un jam it, the problem is it will come back again.

You need a new turbo and that is that.

What do you people think of his explanation, is it new turbo or persevere to unjam it.