Car Vacuum

M8CKN

[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap car vacuum as I have twice broken the Dyson, much to the annoyance of Mrs M8CKN..Needs the necessary "nooks & cranny" attachements but other than that I'm easy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want a mains one or a rechargeable / portable one? If the latter it's not that cheap for portables, but the JCB at £60 from Argos comes in its own case, has 8 different attachments including a motorised brush, decent usage time and very robust. I've been through 4 different vacs and this is by far the best, won 'AutoExpress Best in Category'award. Better than the Dyson for cleaning as well.

[image]JCB1803.jpg[/image]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap car vacuum as I have twice broken the Dyson, much to the annoyance of Mrs M8CKN..Needs the necessary "nooks & cranny" attachements but other than that I'm easy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you want a mains one or a rechargeable / portable one? If the latter it's not that cheap for portables, but the JCB at £60 from Argos comes in its own case, has 8 different attachments including a motorised brush, decent usage time and very robust. I've been through 4 different vacs and this is by far the best, won 'AutoExpress Best in Category'award. Better than the Dyson for cleaning as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you get a lot of kit for your money, think I'll have a look at that one today.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have that JCB one but my one does not have all the attachements or nice case. I too got mine from argos and iirc it was £40. But it is very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two types, the one you have and the one I have, I just thought for the extra £20 is was worth forking out for the extra kit/box as it was recommended although they both beat every other vac out there for perfomance. By the way, has to be an Argos Extra / Superstore to get it from, normal ones don't stock them.

Never had to use a wet vac in the car as I don't let anyone get in it that would necessitate using one. They get roller boots and a tow rope to hold on to.

• 1 month later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you get a lot of kit for your money, think I'll have a look at that one today.

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I might go and have a look at one of these too 169144-ok.gif

I've been using a Kirby for about the last 10 years or so which is brilliant but is now showing its ago and I'm not prepared to buy another one at the cost it was blush.gif

Just to report, JCB is still going strong, charge is still good and even after dropping it a couple of times it still works. Haven't used half the accessories as the mototrised brush attachment does most of the job first time round.

Charge is still good too, enough to do both cars with motorised brush on as well for 50% of the time before battery life runs out.

Bugger, didn't realise they delisted it.

If you put the part number in does it come up that way?

Otherwise contact JCB via their website and they'll tell you where to get it, that's how I found out about Argos stocking it in the first instance. 169144-ok.gif