Engine Warning Lights

garreth64

The ESP Warning light has come on today, along with the glowplug light flashing. The manual basically says engine management fault, so Ive called up dealer and booked it in.

They said it should be OK to drive as they are only yellow warning lights not red ones, and if it does break down to call Audi Assist!

Its not booked in until March 7th as I need a courtesy car, and will be doing a few hundred miles over the next week. Do you think this is a good idea?

Also, I had an AMD remap a few months ago and Im wondering if it could be related, or if they will notice this when doing diagnostics on it. Could they reload the standard map in an attempt to cure the problem?

Any views on this from anyone?

Thanks

I had heard from an Audi Tech that they are not too strict on remaps these days (as long as they are done by reputable companies), but I wouldnt volunteer that information.

The ESP is probably a wheel sensor(abs) or something with an intermittent fault. Ideally you need to plug Vag com in and it will tell you exactly what it is!.

Put a request in the vag com area asking for help in your location and you never know?

[ QUOTE ]

The ESP Warning light has come on today, along with the glowplug light flashing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same happened to me a while back. It turned out both brake lights had blown - the techie said this can give the error lights on the dashboard as you described.

Have a check - it could be that you only need 2 bulbs (£1.99 for 2 @ Halfords 169144-ok.gif).

I'd be tempted to try and get it to AMD for a diagnostic if you can sooner rather than later - it might be something really simple that they can sort out on the spot. Seeing as they did the map it might be worth checking it out via them initially.

Some dealers are more remap friendly than others - problem with not telling them is that they have been known to reset everything and hence remove the map..... smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same happened to me a while back. It turned out both brake lights had blown - the techie said this can give the error lights on the dashboard as you described.

Have a check - it could be that you only need 2 bulbs (£1.99 for 2 @ Halfords 169144-ok.gif).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all your help, I think Milo has hit it on the head! - thanks

I knew I had one brake light out last week, and found out today the other one has gone as well.Off to halfords for a couple of bulbs then....

now wheres those B6 fitting instructions smile.gif ........

[ QUOTE ]

The ESP Warning light has come on today, along with the glowplug light flashing

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all your help, I think Milo has hit it on the head! - thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew your morse code, you would have worked out the flashing glowplug light was actually signalling "You're brake lights are out, take me to the dealers" wink.gif