GAP insurance

rozzerfodder

You can also go for "Replacement" GAP which gives you a cash payout of the difference between Insurer's payout and replacement cost, including any future price rises.

This includes all options added to the vehicle at new, if you are like me and with Admiral (they don't include options in their 'market value' assessment) then this seems well worthwhile IMO.

cost was <300 quid for 3 years covering up to 20k difference.

see linky and choose the Replacement Gap option.

Don't forget that most insurance companies will pay out on a new for old basis in the first year anyway if the car is too badly damaged (if you're the first registered keeper and cost to repair >60% of new car IIRC), so you only really need GAP for years 2 onwards. That's my understanding anway, but I bet you can't buy it for that period though sportifs2.gif

Peter

[ QUOTE ]

I notice that click4gap will not pay out if your car has been modified outside of the manufacturers specifications.....so if you intend modding your car at all I'd check your gap policy carefully !

[/ QUOTE ]

....But are they stating that they won't pay out anything at all or that they won't cover the costs of replacing the mods you have done to the car? - I suspect the latter is the case.

[ QUOTE ]

I notice that click4gap will not pay out if your car has been modified outside of the manufacturers specifications.....so if you intend modding your car at all I'd check your gap policy carefully !

[/ QUOTE ]

That's no different to normal car insurance anyway, most have clauses about modified cars if you haven't declared it.