Proper VAG COM Cable?. Anyone know a good source?

the911sc

Ok, so I am probably at the point where I need to get a full HEX-CAN vag cable rather than my ebay special dumb version.

I am adding a bluetooth OEM phone adapter which requires coding and coding of the nav system so the cheapo one will not work..

Anyone know a good source of these that are quite cheap?.

Thanks

I bought a fully working cable from a guy called car_tuning_kovacs from eBay.de. It works with VAG-COM 512.4 fine, but I'm on my 3rd cable from him now (under warranty), as after a few hours of connection, the dongle bit seems to disable or break, and the cable becomes a dumb one!

I think I paid about £100 for it... suicide.gif

[ QUOTE ]

mmmm... tres expensive though...

its not that often I need it, but my ebay lead wont code my rns-e despite trying loads of times....

[/ QUOTE ]

eBay cables won't be able to code the RNS-E units as they also have a CAN connection. I think you'd need a full on Ross-Tech cable and version 512.

In fact, I blew my eBay cable when I tried to scan 'Navigation'!!

[ QUOTE ]

eBay cables won't be able to code the RNS-E units as they also have a CAN connection. I think you'd need a full on Ross-Tech cable and version 512.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need a CAN connection to recode the RNS-E, just a K-line - many people on the Navplus website have installed and recoded RNS-E's using a dual K-line VAG-COM, the exceptions are B7 A4's and 8P A3's which DO need a CAN capable lead.

But you do need to use a version of VAG-COM that's 409 or later - which rules out most of the eBay cables. It is easier with 510 or later, since they have the long coding helper.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...