'Unwanted' attention

Bonzo

I'm thinking about buying a new mark V R32 but would like to know if any of you owners have suffered from any 'unwanted' attention? - chavs, Captain Black lookalikes etc.

I remember a work colleague having a few uncomfortable moments with a RS Focus a few years back so could do without having to wonder if each new day could be the last as far as the cars concerned.

Bonzo. Welcome to TSN 169144-ok.gif

I don't find it too bad but in Edinburgh there are so many head turning cars about. Also, there are a fair few R32's on the roads too so I don't feel conspicuous !

I did have a Mkiv Gti "chick" try to race me yesterday. Her turbo was obviously well tuned so at the lights she raced away, all tyrespoke etc and I turned quietly left. She looked well pissed off that I'd blanked her !!

Happy driving...go for the R !! cool.gif

For the first few weeks that I owned my MK IV this was definately something that I was very aware off.

Plently of peeps in quite chavvy cars would try and bait me for a race. I just ignored them. TBH, I have no got used to that, and hardly ever notice it.

I still notice the amount of looks that the car gets, but sometimes the admiring glances come from the worng sort of crowd, and that can make me very wary if I'm about to park up.

Just need to be careful - I guess any nice car is going to attract attention 169144-ok.gif

I have had one or two restless nights as the car does get a fair bit of attention - I have seen two people stop in their tracks when walking past the car and actually bend down to have a good old nosey - probably just car enthusiasts - i'd probably do the same if I saw another one parked up, but it does make you feel a bit paranoid. I also get quite a few boy racers wanting to have a go on dual carriageways etc but I tend not to rise to it, depnding on what sort of mood im in wink.gif.

I have to say that I got more attention from my old car (mini cooper s) - i had one of the first in Scotland and people were stopping and trying to race me at the lights.

The people that have taken a look at my R32 are genuine car enthusiasts - my advice would be order the R32 you wont regret it.

Having owned an Impreza previously, I am very used to the sort of attention mentioned in the other replies. The golf gets lots of looks, mainly because it is only a few days old, and very shiny. The engine noise really grabs attention if you put your foot down!

Anyway, I feel more grown up in the Golf, and act accordingy cool.gif also, I can't go too fast yet as it only has done 300 miles!! The attention I am receiving is no more than I expected, and significantly less than I used to get...

[ QUOTE ]

Think the MK5 is the ultimate "stealth weapon" personally, coz with that "jetta grill" no one takes a blind bit of notice. 169144-ok.gif

If they are behind you, it tends to be a different story ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Once they realise they are in the presence of VW's finest 'Werthers eater' im sure the feeling of "im not worthy" becomes ever greater !! notworthy.gif

have had quite a few confused looks from people not sure what the car is - but overall it's stealthy all the way. Also had an Impreza before this and would never leave it anywhere - happy to dump the .:R in a town centre and not be paranoid about problems.

tspar 169144-ok.gif

Please remember that we live in a risk averse culture these days,and after consultation with my freinds at the HSE znaika.gif, I would just like to point out the following:

You should be aware, that one should not attempt, sucking on the hallowed brown boiled one,whilst engaging in a spot of macho motoring madness FIREdevil.gif............

You could choke on it, in all the excitement........... confused.gif

This is one of the main reasons for changing my Mk4 for a Mk5, more time to enjoy the subtle flavours, of grandmas favourite treat, whilst ambling through town.......

Without having every chav dung.gifhead and his b*tch in the vicinity, trying to deafen me with their 36" Bass Box or there Bolt on exhaust, with the proportions and appearance of a rather large shiny galvanised dustbin..............

So yes, stealth weapon for me........ bike.thumb.gif

[ QUOTE ]

tspar 169144-ok.gif

Please remember that we live in a risk averse culture these days,and after consultation with my freinds at the HSE znaika.gif, I would just like to point out the following:

You should be aware, that one should not attempt, sucking on the hallowed brown boiled one,whilst engaging in a spot of macho motoring madness FIREdevil.gif............

You could choke on it, in all the excitement........... confused.gif

This is one of the main reasons for changing my Mk4 for a Mk5, more time to enjoy the subtle flavours, of grandmas favourite treat, whilst ambling through town.......

Without having every chav dung.gifhead and his b*tch in the vicinity, trying to deafen me with their 36" Bass Box or there Bolt on exhaust, with the proportions and appearance of a rather large shiny galvanised dustbin..............

So yes, stealth weapon for me........ bike.thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not wrong mate. It does become some what tiresome when the "bolt on exhaust" brigade don baseball cap and insist on a race and to be honest, 9 times out of 10 i resist as i try to act my age but just occasionally its nice to leave them happily in the rear view !! the_finger.gif

Yep Tspar, 169144-ok.gif

I must admit to the odd temptation to bury the right foot FIREdevil.gif, and watch the "Bass Box on skates" dissappear as a tiny spec in the rear view mirror.

But unfortunately as the case with the majority of the "Chav" dung.gif brigade, due to me actually having a job and a legally registered vehicle, registered to me,at an actual address, I run the very real risk of getting nicked confused.gif by one of the latest means of Government (aka Big Brother znaika.gif)systems designed to part me with my money and license..........

I guess the money I could deal with.........the license...well I guess we are all in the same boat there....

No license = No Job.

So either become totally illegal......coz that way they cant catch you............when you might make that occassional bad decision.........

Or rent yourself one of those PO Box address's that are so "popular" these days............

Bring back the traffic police someone...........you know it makes sense! bowdown.gif

Had a chavved up X reg Mondeo giving me some unwanted attention today, on the way back from football.

He looked very disappointed when I moved over to let him pass.

Of course, if I hadn't have had the other 5 teammates in the car, been smoking a fag and talking to the missus on the phone whilst trying not to spill my can of Stella, it would have been a different story.....

Pincher 169144-ok.gif

You have just restored my faith in "safe driving techniques"

for the sensible motorist..............

Ever thought of writing to the motorists freind?:

The safety camera partnership.

The one's that keep us all nice and safe on the road's.. sportifs2.gifif it was'nt for these dear people we would all be brown bread by now............ smashfreakB.gif