Quicker to order a Maybach

geo_nr1

I think it might have something to do with spending at least ten times more on the Maybach though...

What a fantastic showroom and "configurator" for the Maybach though 169144-ok.gif

Up in Mayfair tomorrow, so might just pop in. In my jeans and a t-shirt though...

The area upstairs is sealed off by revolving black Perspex glass. You can press a button and the door slides, or press another button and the whole wall tilts. They used to usually have a car in that section, and an SLR but since i last went i think they have opened a new 2nd hand Maybach centre in Brentford. I would guess they would only keep the demo or a new model like the S there.

I never got to see it but they have a secret back entrance for the celebs they bring in. I had to go round the front frown.gif

Its fantastic using the spec machine though you can choose any colour, trim, wheel option, roof trim, whatever.... and Simon will press his little touch screen hand held computer and the exact car will come out on the plasma screen. then he Presses another button and you can walk around the car, loom around the inside, or look at it from above as a birds eye view. It really is the future of car, shop or house design. We use something similar at the office for designing new store layouts but for cars its simply a revolution. And why dont any other car manufacturers off this...? In the rolls you can even get reclining rear seats… best car in the world my arse!! ROLLEY~14.GIF

And Simon is bigging the car up a little. The truth of the matter is is they intended to sell 1000 of these cars worldwide per annum. The truth is they only sell a couple of hundred, I think only 20 odd in the UK last year… They are popping up a year old with 10k miles for 100k (and that is through the dealer, what are the customers getting!!) under list and they take along time to sell. There are people who put down the deposit and then walk away just before. I think Dad was supposed to get his in January… I think it came in the beginning of October due to cancellations. He says 6 months but I recon toady you could walk in, spec it up and get it in half that time. It may even be possible to get discounts now…