Changing a front indicator bulb on a B6

Mango

Thanks guys

Just tried it and one of the Hex type bolts doesnt have any thred on it. Got passed the air filter and the other bolts but I jsut cant get it out. Will keep trying but I dont want to make it worse. Maybe its a visit to a garage (although not the stealers)

In the end I managed to loosen one of the hex bolts enough to pivot the whole light fitting out enough to get to the indicator bulb. It wasnt pretty and there was some swearing, but I feel a lot better then passing over £100 to a stealer.

Thanks guys, as usual you come through with the goods bowdown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

AARRRGGG Just driving home and the DIS popped up to say front indicator bulb gone !!! got home and it isnt working anymore. When I got the old bulb out, it still looked fine. Any ideas what else it could be ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember for sure whether it was the front indicators or front headlights but I used to have the same problem with bulbs apparently blowing on my B6. Turned out it was the contacts in the bulb holders. Audi technician just bent them a little bit to improve the contact and no more problems. Quite a frequent problem, from what he said.

Certainly worth a go, if you've got as far as getting the headlights out.